32yrs Old with a Large Forehead That Was Made Worse by Hair Extensions.

I come from a family of people with high foreheads...

I come from a family of people with high foreheads and i had become an expert at hidding it. However, in 2014 i decided to big chop my hair and go natural and with short hair, i couldn't hide my large forehead anymore so i sort refuge in weaves which started weakening my edges and i knew something had to be done before it was too late and also because my self esteem was at an ALL TIME LOW. After i intitiated contact with Dr. K and he was very quick to reply to my questions and in a very professional manner. I sent him a couple of pics to show him my "situation" and with the pics he was able to do an evaluation and decide that a hair transplant would be the way to go. Deposit was sent and a date fixed, yesterday, Oct, 6th 2016. During my consultation before the procedure, i told Dr.K i just wanted my hairline lowered a little bit as i didn't want to completely get rid of our family feature. He did grafts extractions and all recepient sites incisions and the technicians did the implant whike Dr. K constantly monitored everything they did. It's only 1 day post op but so far so good. Night 1 after my procedure was tough as i had to spray my grafted area every 2hrs and some pain from the donor area which went away hours later. My head feels tight, numb and weird. My forehead is swollen i look alienish but i keep telling myself it's all for a good reason. I will be going back on Monday Oct, 10th for a final review before i leave Turkey. To all the women out there suffering from lost edges, high foreheads or any other situation that affects how you view yourself, there is hope so don't give up. Xoxo

3 Months

It's been 3 months and a week since my procedure. Not much to report on but so far so good. The sides are filling in faster than the top which i hope catches up soon.

7 months post op

So it's exactly 7 months and 2 days post hairline lowering surgery and so far so good. I didn't experience growth up until month 5 1/2 and from then i have been experiencing continous growth. So once again, PATIENCE IS KEY lol. After my surgery i got so busy at work that i never had time to obsess over my growth. I don't do anything to my transplanted hair apart from using hair butters whenever i remember. I used to take biotin and women multivitamin pills from GNC religious but after my procedure, life got busy that i hardly take them. Till date nobody from Dr. K's office ever contacted me to follow up on how i've been:( and i never contacted them. My hairline is slightly uneven and this is something i may get corrected. I noticed it was uneven immediately after my procedure but i thought it looked that way due to the swelling i had from the injections. And with the hair shedding and it taking time to grow and me getting busy i never paid that much attention, but as it gets thicker and longer, i can see it. Like i said i have never been contacted by Dr. K's office and i never contacted them so i have not addressed this with him. I am waiting until i get to my 9 month mark and then i will decide the way forward. I have been experiencing ALOT of hair loss (pics attached) and I can't figure out why (my hairloss is not from my transplanted hair) and In my pics you will notice a small bald patch on my Left side and my scalp is very itchy (anybody that has experienced aything like this?) . I did my CBC to check my Iron level and it showed my levels are good. My gynaecologist recommended i do a hormone test which i have done i'm now waiting for my results. Lastly i have been camouflaging my hairline with a weave with bangs. I make sure that it is lightly installed to avoid any damage to my hair.
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Dr. K is very passionate and hands on doctor. He was able to answer my many questions with honest answers which does not happen everytime as some doctors tell you what they know/think you want to hear. His asssistants were all so incredible and patient and kept checking on my wellbeing throughout the process. I am very pleased so far and i can't wait to see what happens.......