30 Year Old FUE Hair Transplant TRANSEST - ISTANBUL TURKEY

Hello everyone, I've been losing my hair for the...

Hello everyone, I've been losing my hair for the past 7 years and after using rogaine (minoxidil) to try to stop the hair loss and products like Caboki to mask the hair loss I finally came to the realization that hair transplant surgery was the best option.
I joined this site and others to do some research; I found out that I can not afford the operation here in California but can swing the cost in Istanbul. Like everyone here, I was very skeptical in going to a foreign country for a medical procedure. After much research I decided on Transest in Istanbul, I contacted Mr. Aytac (I-touch) and it was very easy to communicate via Whatsapp and his english was perfect. I sent him some photo's of my head in a few different angles. wet and dry.. to best illustrate my situation. Mr. Aytac told me 4000-4500 grafts were needed to address my issue. He quoted me a price that included transportation to and from airport and 2 nights at 4 star hotel by the clinic. Before I confirmed with him, I wanted to do one last round of research and read reviews; at this point I saw a new review that almost scared me away.. some guy complaining and warning to stay away.. I initially was ready to find another clinic, but after reading literally 93 positive reviews and 1 bad one.. I decided to write that person off to one of those miserable people that can never be happy. And I am glad I did!

I had my procedure December 1st 2015.. I flew from San Francisco to Istanbul, I was picked up by Transest driver Moustafa, nicest guy.. he brought me to the hotel and picked me up the next day and brought me to the hospital. (Unlike the bullshit that bad reviewer was saying, the clinic is not in an apartment building...it's actually in a real hospital.. It seems that Transest rents out a wing on a floor.)

When I first got there I met with Mr. Aytac; we went over what was going to happen, he collected payment and took some pictures. During this time he was patient and asked me several times if I had any questions or concerns. Then he introduced me to the team which didn't speak much english.
The first thing they did is buzz my head, then they took me into the operating room where they gave me several shots of anesthesia. the shots were pretty painful, there's no way around that... just deal with it for 5 min and your heads all numb and you won't feel a thing. procedure lasted 9 hours, halfway through they brought me lunch. the whole time there were minimum 2 people working on me and Mr. Aytac checking in every few minutes to see how I was doing, if I had any questions to translate to the Doctor/nurse. I was watching TV for most of the procedure, they had American music videos available or I would be on my phone texting or listening to my music. It was pretty comfortable procedure, there is nothing to worry about at all. If your hair is bothering you and you are thinking about doing a hair transplant I wouldn't hesitate to choose Transest at all. Istanbul is a wonderful safe city and I already have my brother's booked to get their hair transplant at Transest.

So after the procedure they brought me back to the hotel, where I was instructed to sleep sitting up so I won't destroy the new grafts. Next day I was picked up and brought back to the hospital where I met a local Police Chief that had his hair transplant surgery there and was following up with PRP shots. It validated Transest even further to me seeing a local utilizing they're services. My head dressing was taking off and donor area was cleaned and I was giving a head band to keep the swelling away from my face. I was given post surgery instructions; washing, sleeping ect.. and was taking back to hotel. I stayed another day in Istanbul to site see, as you walk around you see many guys with headbands that came to get hair transplant surgery.. A few came up to me and asked where I did mine; they said it looked pretty good and I saw others that looked pretty jacked up... I mean really red donor area's.. I was very happy I chose Transest

It's been less then a week since the surgery and I've been healing nicely.. I'll post more pictures to show updates.. in the meantime feel free to ask me any questions..

Pictures from day of procedure to days post op

30 Year Old FUE Hair Transplant TRANSEST

1 week update

So far so good, just a little pain from the donor area.. other than that, I'm just waiting to see how it comes out.. People are telling me there is a difference already in a week.
what do you think?

2 week update

so all the scabs are gone and you can see the tiny hairs growing in... just a little concerned about the results of the crown area.... I guess too soon to be worried...

5 Month Update

Very Happy with progress so far, can't wait to see at full potential
Turkey Plastic Surgeon