Hair Transplant Review

I started losing my hair around 20s. I am 40 now...

I started losing my hair around 20s. I am 40 now and my bald area got bigger and bigger as you will see in the pictures. I talked to many doctors and they told me that I need at least 2 operations to cover the whole area and not to have very high expectations right away due to the sheer size of my bald & bright top of head =)

Pre Operation Pictures

Ok. Here are my pictures. I will share my journey in detail, and please feel free to ask as many questions as you want. These pictures are taken on Jan 2015 when I was sending my pictures to different doctors to hear their ideas and learn more about their pricing. Most doctors told me that I have a veeery big area to cover so one single hair transplant wouldn't be enough.

Day Of Operation

These pics were taken at the clinic right before the operation. Yes, they shaved my head before the operation.

Day Of Operation - After

So these are taken right after the operation. You feel little bit of pain and numbness but apart from that, the process is very simple and straightforward.

1 Day After Operation

These are taken at the clinic 1 day after operation when i went for final consultation. The doctor told me they were able to extract 5000 grafts and the operation was successful.

I will show you the results in the upcoming months..

1 Week After The Operation

15 Days After The Operation

1 Month After The Operation

4 Months After The Operation

6 Months After The Operation

7 Months Update

It is getting really better for the last couple of weeks. People are saying I am not a bald men any more, that's a good sign right ? :)

8 Month Update

This is the 8 month update. I can still see that new hair is coming out of my scalp. We will start to see the final result in a couple of months, I guess..

9 Month Update

I am still seeing lots of growth, although it's been 9 months since my operation already (wow time flies indeed). So I think I will spend some more time on whether to spend another $2400 for a second procedure.

10 Month Update

So here is the question I want to ask.

If you had the same baldness pattern, would you rather have a second operation and get full coverage or would you be happy with this and not have another op?

11 Month Update

I think my hair growth is slowly coming to an end. What do you think ?

Last Photos Before Having The Second HT

These are my last pictures before having my second surgery.. I haven't hidden my face so far, but please don't share it anywhere else :D

Comparison Photos Before Having The Second HT

Here are some comparison photos.. You can see I have made a huge progress lol :)

Short Haircut Before Second Surgery

I have had a chance to see my hair cut short before having the operation. There were a bunch of people curious how it looks if the hair was cut short, here you go.. The images are the courtesy of Maral Klinik

My Donor Area After 5000 Grafts, Before Second HT

Not particularly proud of this haircut :) However, it was good to see that my donor area didn't have any scars or wasn't showing any signs of hair transplant even though 5000 grafts were removed

Finally, My Second Hair Transplant Op With Maral Klinik

Hey guys. It's me again. Actually, I had the operation around 10 days ago but didn't have time to post to here..

I am not going to go into much details because a lot of people in this forum have already done so and my process was no different than theirs. It was pretty much flawless from beginning to the end. A couple of points though..

1) In my first surgery Maral had told me that they could get another 3000 grafts in the second surgery. However, this time they stopped after extracting 2250.. I talked to Maral in detail about this, he said it's not a money or time issue they can extract more if I want but it was enough to cover the area and it wouldn't fit the area safely without damaging others. He said I still have many more hairs in the donor area but he wants to save those precious grafts just in case I have more hair loss when I get older in a couple of decades, lol. I totally trust him, otherwise they wouldn't extract 5000 in the first session, I guess.

2) I was already pretty happy about the front and top areas, therefore most of the new grafts are added to the back part of my head. They also added some to the front, just to increase the density..

3) I was a bit anxious before my first procedure. But this one went so easy. I guess knowing what to expect makes a huge difference.

4) From the driver to the secretary to the head technician (who happens to be working with Maral for 11 years), the whole Maral team was the same as the last year, which I believe is a sign of good quality. Maral says they are not employees but every single person including the drivers owns the business and gets a profit share, I thought that explains why they care so much. That was an interesting little piece of information, so I decided to share it..

I am a bit busier nowadays but will try to update my results monthly. I hate being bald again, although temporarily. Since my previously transplanted hairs will grow again soon, I think it will be an easier process. I hope I will be ready for the summer though :)

So, that's it so far. Oh, I just realized it's time to update my profile picture. Cool!
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Top notch doctor, cohesive high quality team