Very Complicated Revision Rhinoplasty - Issaquah, WA

An ENT when I was much younger offered to do a...

Understandably, I was quite anxious about risking further damage; any surgeon will tell you that revision rhinoplasties are very difficult. My surgery was quite complicated, in that there was *significant* damage to the cartilage inside my nose (we weren't sure exactly how much until surgery). Fortunately, there was enough mangled cartilage left that we didn't need to take any from my ear. I had chosen a doctor who I felt confident could handle such a tricky, meticulous procedure, and I'm very glad I did.

The first week of recovery was, I won't lie, awful. Nothing to do with the doctor--just the procedure, and the fact it was done over a holiday weekend meant I had to wait an extra two days or so to have the internal splints removed. The irritation caused by the splints produced enormous quantities of bloody mucus that I had to spit out every fifteen minutes, which meant I couldn't sleep. Once the splints were out, as promised, recovery was basically a breeze.

I'm about six months post-surgery, and my nose looks and feels great. The changes are remarkable to me, and friends and family have all commented that my nose looks completely natural for my face. I was told it would look "significantly better" than what it looked like pre-surgery, and that's exactly what I got. Not fake perfection, just a nose that suits my face (looks a lot like it did when I was a kid, only better), and for lack of a better phrase, has structural integrity.

I took my time looking into physicians, and chose a doctor who had excellent credentials, honors, and associations. Because the issue impeded my breathing, we were able to obtain proof of that for insurance, and the bulk of my surgery was covered. Other doctors I considered (with similar backgrounds) didn't even mention that as a possibility. When choosing a doctor, I'd recommend keeping their business model in mind!
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

To summarize: I highly recommend Dr. Lee for difficult rhinoplasties, including revisions! An ENT when I was much younger offered to do a rhinoplasty at the same time I had sinus surgery, and not knowing better, I took him up on it. Needless to say, the results were horrible. My nose was badly misshapen for sixteen years, and my nasal passages were warped. I had horrible tip bossae, sagging of my septum, and pretty much everything was asymmetrical. I was quite anxious when I approached Dr. Lee, who was very transparent about what I could expect. He wasn't the "warmest" of the doctors I met, but that wasn't a big factor to me. His reputation and honors are well-deserved, if my experience is the norm (and I believe it is). Ultimately, I selected Dr. Lee over two other physicians I'd been considering, and I couldn't be happier with my decision for several reasons. Among them: because the damage impeded my airway, his office worked with me to obtain the necessary proof for insurance, saving me tens of thousands of dollars. My surgery was quite complicated, in that there was significant damage to the cartilage inside my nose (we weren't sure exactly how much until surgery). I had chosen a doctor who I felt confident could handle this tricky, meticulous procedure, and I'm very glad I did. I'm about six months post-surgery, and my nose looks and feels great. The changes are remarkable to me, and friends and family have all commented that my nose looks completely natural for my face. Dr. Lee told me it would look "significantly better" than what it looked like pre-surgery, and that's exactly what I got. Not fake perfection, just a nose that suits my face (looks a lot like it did when I was a kid, only better), and for lack of a better phrase, has structural integrity. I highly recommend Dr. Lee for any ENT/rhinoplasty surgery, but particularly complicated ones.