55 Years Old from Temple TX

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

After going to my dentist for some pain and being...

After going to my dentist for some pain and being told its time to think about other options that my teeth are just not going to be saved I was shocked. I knew form a previous attempt with a partial that a palate wasn't going to work for me. I started shopping around. Was quoted 40000 in Austin, 57000 in Houston. I was lost thinking I could never afford a procedure like this. Then I found Radiance Dentistry in Irving TX. I made an appointment for a consultation and was there in a week. After a few xrays Dr. Iskandar came in and gave me the options that would work for my wants and needs. I then went to see the patient coordinator (Frank). We came up with a plan and Frank was very helpful in assisting me in getting the financial end of it straight. I Went back in the chair for some pics and molds. We then set a date for Dec 15 (top) and 16th (bottom).
Procedure day: Arrived at 9am had blood pressure checked and it was high.(I wonder why) They calmed me and had me relax until it came down. No rushing and no pressure. The top jaw needed 7 or 8 extractions and then whatever they do to prepare the jaw for implants and then placement of the implants. I was given oral conscious med with a bonus of nitrous. I am happy to say I can't tell you anything else about the procedure. Day 2 went about the same but 2 more extractions. I was told before day 2 that I got 5 implants on the top. Won't know about the bottom until I go back for my next check up.
I was prescribed antibiotics and pain meds before the procedure. I took the pain meds day 1 But didn't need them and have since stopped. So I have had some swelling and a little color, but nothing like I anticipated.

no regrets

Well one week past. Swelling and bruises about gone. Would do it again in a heartbeat if needed. No need to fear the procedure at all. After having the oral sedation I wouldn't spend the extra money to be asleep. You won't feel anything. Diet is my biggest enemy. I wad a meat and taters guy. I look to the future and it helps me get by.
A couple pics attached...
Not pretty but the teeth are

Ad far as pain after there is a little and every time you feel a bit you wonder if something is wrong. Its common and everyone has the same. Odds are its in your head. Look in the mirror relax, and look forward to the future.

excuse my spelling

I went to all 4 years of the 6th grade and still can't spell. Or I am posting on my phone and have fat fingers.

If anyone ever had any questions that they want to ask private then just private message me and I will send phone #
I know I had many that i had wished I could ask someone that had been through it before.

1 month check up

Nothing exiting. Days go by slowly and the weight comes off. Can you tell I'm hungry.
As for the update I chipped one of my lower teeth by grinding while asleep so I went in a few days early. They went ahead and replaced the tooth while the dentures were out for stitches removal. Nothing loose and no pain during maint. They took molds for a night guard and will mail it to me after its made. A charge was never mentioned.
I've had some gum pain on the front outside. We are just watching for now. Nothing obvious can be seen. Nothing that requires meds. Just sensitive to the touch.
Will update more as sonething happens.

Beginning of the end (4 month check)

Had my 4 month check up and was told that the implants look good. They took 1 set of impressions and I will return in 2 weeks for the next set. Hopefully within a month I will be at the wax try in stage. It just makes you feel relieved to have the Dr. tell you that things are going as the way they should. I still have a little numb feeling in the nose area but other than that no discomfort.

catch up

fell behind in updates. Visit 1: I had my final impressions done. Not much to tell about them, but at that appointment My wife and I chose the final teeth shape,size and shade. Visit 2: This was my first wax try in. The teeth themselves looked great, but I wanted the front top teeth brought in a little and the dentist took a few bite impressions for some changes there. Visit 3: Second wax try in. changes were spot on and both the dentist and I were satisfied. Up until this time there were two weeks in between each appointment. The next step is to have the bar for the finals made and the teeth put on the bar in wax for one final try in. this step take about three weeks. so I am at two weeks now. They will call when the teeth are ready and schedule me. The teeth are Ivoclar Blueline and they look great. I guess that about catches me up. Hopeful that my try in goes well and the following appt. will be for my final install. Its been a long six months and I have had ups and downs. I have lost 30 pounds (good and bad), have broke my temps a few times. Dr. Iskandar didnt seem upset he just repaired them, became short with family members at times(sorry), but would do it again if needed. All my pain has been gone for about a month, so no more phantom tooth aches or numbness anywhere. Will post a pic when my finals are in.

Dr. Iskandar is a honest caring person and a true professional who takes pride in his work. He is always concerned with patient comfort and makes sure your questions are answered. His staff are a reflection of him. Everyone is professional yet down to earth and caring. I can't think of one complaint.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful