Excellent Experience So Far – Orange County, CA

I had my procedure performed last week and so far...

I had my procedure performed last week and so far it has gone very well. I had my gastric balloon procedure at Athenix Body Sculpting Institute in Irvine, CA, based on a referral from a friend of mine. I am about 295 lbs and looking to lose about 50 lbs in the first 6 months. I really didn’t want to have my stomach stapled or cut so the gastric balloon was perfect for me. So far, I’m already down about 7 lbs in the first week.

Unlike many others, I did NOT have the excessive nausea and vomiting that others have experienced. Although the staff at Athenix prepared me for this possibility, they also told me that the specific medications they use REALLY help to limit this – and they were right. The “cocktail” they prescribed worked wonders. I only threw up once and otherwise have felt really good. I started slowly with liquids, soups, etc., then quickly progressed to small meals. I’m eating small meals at normal times and don’t feel hungry or have the desire to over-eat. I am SO excited to jump start a new chapter in my life of looking and feeling great again. I begin the twice monthly coaching sessions this week. I can’t comment on this as I haven’t started yet but I really like the idea of it being done online as I have a busy schedule, travel a lot and don’t have the time to go to their office every few weeks.

if I can help others, here are some important things that have really stood out to me.

1. Preparation is key. The office I went to really prepared me well for the procedure. They were very knowledgeable and ensured I had the right medications and food well in advance of my procedure.
2. Controlling the nausea and vomiting was key for me. I was really worried about this but I think the right prescriptions taken properly makes a huge difference.
3. Privacy- personally, this was important to me as I’ve had my initial appointments and the procedure all done at the same facility in a private environment. They have their own surgery center in the back part of the facility. After my procedure, I was able to go home in less than an hour.

Excellent Experience So Far – Orange County, CA

It’s been a little over 2 weeks since I got the gastric balloon and I’m already down 17 lbs from 295 lbs to my current weight 278 lbs. I am eating normal meals just with much smaller portions and most importantly I don’t have the desire to over-eat. The gastric balloon is already beginning to train my body and mind to approach food differently. I will keep you updated.
Athenix Body Sculpting Institute