30 YO No Kids - Small 32A - Looking for a D/DD - Ireland

Hi, I'm 30 yo, I have always had a flat chest and...

Hi,
I'm 30 yo, I have always had a flat chest and it was always an issue for me. I don't like the way I look nude or with clothes as I feel not feminine at all, if you see the pictures of my current / 'before' situation you will agree.

I finally decided to go for a breast augmentation. I'm 174 cm tall and 55/56 kg (5.7 feet tall 123 lbs).
I went to see my plastic surgeon two weeks ago and I choose 350 implants gummy bear tear drop in polyurethane . I have my surgery booked for August when I'm back from my holidays . I'm looking for a D or DD result, I don't see myself with a bay watch round look ,that's why I opted for a teardrop shape to achieve a more natural result . I know most of these choices depends most likely of the Brest that you start with anyway.
The PS suggested to have the incision under the breast, and to go above the muscle.
I read that going above the muscle can give more unnatural result and it looks much more obvious but it's less painful for the recovery.
I found very difficult to find pictures 'before and after ' above the muscle .
I'm quite unsure now , cause I would like to achieve the more natural look I can. I have to go in for a second consultation, but if anyone can give me their advice it would be great. I do like to understand more why in my case it's better to go above the muscle and not below.
This website is great, I don't feel alone and I'm more confident in PS since I read so many positive experiences, thanks for sharing :)

All done :) 395cc Anatomical - Above

Hello ladies,
it's finally all done ? I have had my op yesterday and everything went well.
All the staffs at the Clinic was amazing, they were really looking after me very well, I was not nervous as I thought I was in good hands. Before the op they took my blod, my urine, check my pressure, my oxygen levels and everything was looking good.
I saw doctor Salman again; he took measurements again and draw on me. He brought the implants; we checked again the size and the type etc. I met the two anesthesiologists, the nurses, they were introducing themselves, asking me questions and they were trying to make me feel comfortable, while I was waiting my turn to be operated.
After the OP, I was still in the op room, they kept monitoring me and again we were chatting away ?
I was moved then to my bed. Everything was nice, tidy and clean. They moved me gently into my bed, again they kept my vital signs under control, they put a bra on me, asked me if I want something to eat/drink. I can’t thank enough the doctor and the staff, as they made my experience great – I was really scared of going ‘under the knife’, but all my fears went away when I realized who was taking care of me.
Even after the op, the anaesthesiologists and the other nurses came to see me and asked me how I felt.
I was out of the clinic by 19:00. The gave me my prescriptions and also a ‘boobs’ passport which states which implants I have, the brand, the type, the model, the size etc.
After the OP I could already walking by myself, I dressed up by myself no problem and I was not feeling too dizzy.
Of course I’m in pain, which is not so bad, I did not take any painkiller yet, as for the moment I can stand it. I thought it would have been much worst.

The Boobs looks swallow and they look exactly like 1st day post op boobs – I will post some pictures later – I don’t have bruises yet, I wonder if they will come up later...I know the shape of them is going to change over time, so I’m not so worried – Thanks to all the reviews I have read and all yours before/after pictures, I went through this journey very well prepared.
I also want to thank all the members of this website. I think its great so many women supporting and helping each other through this experience.
I told to some of my gfs that I was having a ‘boob job’ and they were not supportive at all. I have done this to finally feel better with myself, to finally feel feminine and have some breast. Some people maybe can’t understand that, but I was waiting for my boobs to grow since I was a child and never happened – I was always flat and I really did not like my chest all and I always found it frustrating wearing bras which I would never fill... I don’t know why I have to be judged negatively just because I’m giving myself the opportunity to be happy . At one point I was told by one of my gfb ‘everybody will notice that’s the entire point’...I’m not doing this for other people or to be noticed by other people. Of course with certain type of clothes on you can draw some attention, but that’s not the point at all. I did not spend thousands of euro and went under general anaesthetic and through the pain so other people will notice’ and they will point at me thinking ‘look she has boobs’. I did it to feel better with my body, for myself and I’m very happy that I did go through the surgery and I don’t regret my decision.
It’s pretty silly that ‘some’ people think about BA with such superficiality, they think we are the superficial ones, when they are being superficial by not thinking over why a person would actually go under surgery and how traumatic and difficult this experience can be – we are literally changing our body and it’s not a decision that you can take lightly or a decision we take because so ‘people will notice’.
Luckily I have a very supportive husband and some more supportive friends and of course ‘the realself’ members. It was very good for me joining this community, as I could see myself and my thought in your reviews, same fears, same doubts, same reasons why decide to go under surgery. It really helped me a lot to finally go forward and book my surgery.
If anyone is from Ireland, I definetly recommend Auralia clinic and doctor Salman. I will keep you updated with my progress and with before and after pictures.
I hope my review will help other women going through this journey.
Thanks for the support and thanks a mill for sharing.

Some Pictures

First day Post op - I'm not great in taking selfies...

More Pictures

Second day Post Op

Not sure what's wrong

Hi there,
Tomorrow it's a week since my BA and my left breast looks and feels great, no pain at all and feels very good .
My right one is another story unfortunately . I know they would have healed at different pace, but the right one is still swollen on the side and I get pain from moving my arm - the pain is ok but I don't know if I should still feel anything at this stage and I did not experience that with my left one - plus I knew that over the muscle would have had a faster recovery time. The pain is mostly in the side of breast.
When I touch my right breast I can feel bumps and the implant edges lot while on the left side I can barely feel the implant ; moreover the shape of the right one is much rounder than the left - which is kind of scary cause I know the anatomical textures implant do not drop o fluff as the other ones - and I was not expecting to get a round - even temporary - shape when choosing the anatomical implants...
I feel very depressed; I have one breast that looks and feel awesome and another one that is the opposite . I do not feel bumps or edges on the left ones.

I don't know even know why there is such big difference in shape and feel and I'm not sure if time will correct that or if I need another surgery, which is a pain and also how soon my body can stand another surgery ...
I have my post op appointment in two days. I really don't know what to expect.
I'm very scared cause I don't know if in my case time will help or make it just worse
Maybe the implant did not adhere so much as on the other side ? I can't explain while I feel the edges so much and the bumps .
If it was just swollen and more painful I could be more relaxed about it.
But it's swollen, I feel bumps, it's painful and the shape is not as the other one .
I did not tell my parents cause I did not want to worry them - they don't even know I had the op cause they are really 'old school' and they wouldn't have understood. My husband is very supporting and says that I should give it time but I don't see how time can change the round shape of my right breast Implant in something better.
I can feel the shadow of the implant all around . I knew I would have seen some but not that much that gives the round look - which was the look I wanted to avoid .
The entire thing is making me feel so depressed .

Pictures...

Pictures of my current situation below.

All good !

So I went to the see doctor Salman and he reassured me that I have just liquid in my right breast that they are pushing the implant that's why it looks round and I have more pain/discomfort there .
Once it heals it should be looking like the other one. He told me that in 6wks they will look much different . So I have just to be patient and wait...and I'm not very good with 'patience ' and I'm usually very anxious person .
I'm glad I don't have any infection or haematoma or any type of complication.
The doc was very happy for they way the looked now after just 8 days after the surgery .
Maybe it wasn't healthy staying home a week after the surgery on my own, as I was just getting obsessed with my breasts and looking at it a lot . I should have kept myself busy instead of thinking continuously about the worst case scenario for my new boobs :)
Now I will try to not look at them as much and just wait .

I'll post more pictures in the following weeks,but I think I will take a break from my 'booby obsession' and I will try to relax :)

5wks post op

Hello there,
5wks post op pictures here .
I really like my new breast but I wish I would
Have gone smaller as I'm not as free of wearing everything I want. I used to wear very tight tshirt which were fine with a small breasts, but with these big boobs now I fear I can look a bit over the top or vulgar. I'm a Full 34D .I really don't want to downgrade now and go for a second op to make them smaller as the recovery period and time off the workout is too long. From my experience it's better don't go as big as you can . I'm one of the few who wishes have gone smaller !

Feeling down

So things are not good. I have scheduled an appointment tomorrow to see my Surgeon again as I feel I got very conflicting information at the consultation and after the op during my check. At the consultation I have asked if I would feel/see the implant and I was told NO; I also asked if I have to give it a long time to see final result and I was told NO as teardrop texture implant stay where they are . At my first op check (after 1 week) he told me that I had just fluid and after 6 wks they will look different . Yes they changed as the swelling went down but I did not see any improvement in my right breast and still the slope is not smooth and I can feel and see the implant in my upper pole of the right one(looks like a ball and it was exactly what I did not want)
Also the day of the surgery I asked that again and he said that I would see just a tiny shadow in the middle of my chest - but not in the upper pole or all around it.

I feel very frustrated and depressed. This is turning into a nightmare .

After my 6wks at check he said again it's just fluid and I don't have to worry - but it does not make sense with what he told me before at the consultation ...cause they should have looked good already .

As I read in the other posts and in other doctor answers the main reason I can feel see the implant edges it's cause I have tin skin and we went above the muscle and he implant is big...but my surgeon never mentioned that this could be causing this issue.
I'm going to point all these out to him tomorrow to see what he says .
At the same time I don't know if I should trust him or not for a revision ...
Also where I live there are not many plastic surgeons and find one who is good in revision it's going to be hard.
I really feel hopeless...

I don't like at all the way my right breast look. I know there is no perfect breast and I had a slight asymmetry before - but the shape of my breasts is totally different and the difference is due to the visibility of the implant . I asked him that as well if my asymmetry would be very visible and I got again a No answer from him...

I feel I'm an idiot . Of course something had to go wrong with my surgery .
I'm really scared of getting a second operation cause I'm afraid it can get worst but at the same time I can't have that . I hate looking at my breast in the mirror now even more than before the op.
With my husband I can't talk so much about it otherwise we fight cause I'm so frustrated and he is sick of listening to my 'complaints' . On the forum I can't seem to find any girl who had the same issue as I have with the implant not adhering, I guess it's not very common. I don't even recall the doc saying that something like this could happen otherwise I would have asked more questions ...what you do when it happens ? How do you fix it ?
My chance to have a nice breast is gone. The more surgery I have the worst it will look. I really don't know what to think or what to do . I just feel very depressed and I can't find any comfort . I told my mom about the surgery cause I did not tell her before as she is quite old and I did not want to scare her . Now she knows and she is trying to find me another surgeon but she is in Italy and I don't think it would be very practical have the surgery there . I don't know anything anymore .sorry for the long boring post but I had to get things out of my chest otherwise I just keep crying like an idiot .

Update - Revision to be scheduled

Hello girls,
sorry if it has been a while, but as I wrote before I have some updates. So I went to see Dr Salman last month, and I complained about the shape of my right breast. In his opinion is still fluids...still (?) . So I asked him if it wasn't due to the fact that I'm very skinny (as you can see from my before picture) and because we went above the muscle...He said that these were not the cause of the visibility of the implants (they are also palpable and I have rippling in the inner parts of both of them) - it's simply fluids and the implant is not adhering because of that...he suggested to put me under anesthesia again and make an incision and take them out to speed the process. I was very skeptical so I did a lot of research on the internet, about my implant type and if they can adhere or not. I posted questions on this website about my issue. The main reason of my skepticism is the fact that most of the things he told me at the consultations are in conflict with what he is saying now as you can read from my previous posts.. Also I could not find any board certified doctor (on this forum) who would agree with his opinions - (you can find my questions here https://www.realself.com/question/dublin-tx-long-max-texture-implant-adhere-tissues-consequencesamprisks-adhere.) and I could not find nothing similar to my case on the net.
So I looked for a second opinion, because I started to have a lot of doubts. I found a plastic surgeon who is board certified ( if there is any Irish girl here the link to the Irish plastic surgeon board http://www.plasticsurgery.ie/find-a-surgeon/). For the Irish readers here an explanation of the titles (http://www.plasticsurgery.ie/professional-competence/)...I wish I would have known there before I had my first surgery....
I saw my 'new' PS on Friday as I wrote in my previous update. He disagrees with the liquid theory and he told me that making an incision at this stage would just damage the implants, and anyways there is not fluids/liquids. He told me that the pocket was dissected properly, he noticed as well the rippling in the inner part of my breasts, he checked my measurements, and he said that I was a candidate for going under the muscle, not over, since I have very tin tissue and they are also too wide/big for my frame - hence the fake looking and the ball shape.... the only thing that he agrees on, it's the shape of the implants (anatomical). Also he does not like polyurethane implants, he uses quite a bit range of FDA approved ones. Unfortunately we could not use the Vectra 3D machine, as I have already implants.
Regarding the size as I feel as well they are too big for me, he suggested something in the range between 295/325 - which will give me a much more proportionate breast and more natural looking - I currently have 395. As I'm still healing, he suggested to wait 6 months, before I have another surgery, but he said to not wait a year or longer, because the sooner you downsize, the better (also I really hate my breast right now and I don't want this fake look anymore) - I should not have a problem with the skin because I'm downsizing quite soon and just in the range of 70/100 cc. I should be able to have my revision in early March 2017. I have scheduled a second appointment in February . Also he reassured me regarding the size, I don't have to pick up one right now - he will see also on the day of the surgery what is the best size to use for my case (I think 325 will be good - maybe 295 will be too small ). Dr Riordan spent more than 1 hour with me reassuring me about my situation, it's fixable and he understood my needs. I will make a new review about the revision and close this one. Also I will put more pictures of my current situation ...they look very bad and I don't feel comfortable to put them up know...I can tell you that when I liey down as well they look even more fake .
Anyways I feel better that I know I will not look like this forever and soon I will get this issue fixed :)