Upper Eyelid Surgery (Upper Blepharoplasty) Prague, CZ

I had my eyelid surgery done by Dr. Zaruba, the...

I had my eyelid surgery done by Dr. Zaruba, the head-physician at UEM in Prague, who was recommended to me by my dermatologist.

Consultation
I went for a consultation mid-May; Dr. checked my eyes and told me that my lower eyelids were also showing "signs of wear" and that I could have them done as well. Since I am not a fan of multiple surgeries, I only chose upper bleph. He didn't really tell me anything about the procedure or the way the surgery was going to be performed, but then again, I didn't ask, as I do trust my dermatologist (she had some things done by him, too). I booked my surgery for June 17.

Payment
I transferred half of the price to the account of the clinic right after my consultation and paid the second half on the day of my surgery in person. The receptionist accepting the money asked me whether I wanted general or just local anaesthesia, I chose the latter since I didn't think it was going to be a big deal :).

Day of surgery
On the day of the surgery I came to the clinic at 7:30 a.m. as I was told. They put me in a room with two other ladies. Shortly after that, a nurse came in to explain what's going to happen, followed by an anaesthesiologist, who explained the various types of anaesthesia. About half an hour later there was a doctor's round.

Surgery
Not the most pleasant experience of my life, but not much worse than at the dentist, either. The doctor marked the area to be cut out on my eyelids, and then he and a nurse injected me with anaesthetics. I didn’t feel any pain; I just knew something was being done to my face. The doctor was talking to me throughout the procedure; although he never told me exactly what he was doing (I wouldn’t have wanted to know anyway). This took about half an hour, maybe? After that, the nurse bandaged my eyes and led me back to the room. About three hours later I was on my way home (I would have to stay longer if I had chosen general anaesthesia).

Results
I love the results :)

Make-up

3,5 months after

Forgot this bit:

After the surgery
Seven days after the surgery, I had my stiches taken out and got some advise regarding the scars = Dr. told me to massage them gently with cream I normally use for my skin - apparently, NeoStrata Lotion, which I use, is ok. I also use baby oil to remove my make up (and consider that to be an eye-massage, too).

Not sure if I can post a link of the clinic directly, but I'll give it a go: http://www.uem.cz/en/.
I'll definitely be returning there for the lower eyelids.

Good luck to you all!
Dusan Zaruba, M.D.

Dr. Zaruba is a skilled and experienced surgeon; he was very attentive and calm before and during surgery. My praise also goes to his team, esp. the pleasant nurses and receptionists.