46 Yr Old with 2 Kids and Currently Going Thru the Dreaded Menopause - Saint Louis, MO

I am a 46 year old mother of 2 grown sons who had...

I am a 46 year old mother of 2 grown sons who had a hysterectomy at the age of 23 and has had a belly roll over my incision since then. No matter how much I weigh ( thin or heavier) I have always had this belly roll. I finally have decided to do something for me and hopefully get rid of it once and for all.

I will try to do a day by day review of this procedure along with pictures to help anyone else in their decision to have this procedure done.

Day 3 (7/2/16)

Very sore today and starting to see bruises from the procedure. Very very swollen all the way down to my vajajay and numb.

Day 7 (7/6/16)

Swelling is starting to go down. Soreness is starting to lesson but still very tender to the touch. Still numb but starting to feel "lightning" pains in the underside of my stomach where the feeling is starting to come back. Worse days for pain was on day 5,6. Still unsure if the procedure was worth it yet....

I forgot to post this pic on the day of the procedure.

Day 8 7/7/16

Woke up this morning and the swelling is just about gone...just a little bit left. I am moving around a lot better but still sore. I am still pretty numb but have gotten some of the feeling back in my lower stomach. The nerve pain is minimal but every once in a while the "lightening" pains can stop me in my tracks. I am just about back to where i was pre-procedure...hopefully in another week or two I will start to see some progress. I am looking forward to having all of the feeling back in my stomach!!

Day 9 7/8/16

I am in a lot of pain today from the nerves waking up. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a waist cincher to put some pressure on my belly. It feels better when it is confined in something tight. Ugh! Can't wait for the numbness and nerves to wake up!!

Day 20 7/20/16

Okay its been 20 days since my procedure and the pain has almost all disappeared. I still have numbness but not as bad as it has been and I have two areas that have lumps from where the fat cells have died and my body is trying to get rid of them. (I have attached a pic of the lumps). I am starting to see a little bit of a difference. The lumps are on my left side so it still looks like I am swollen.

Day 30 7/30/16

It has been 30 days since my treatment and the pain is completely gone...still a little bit of numbness. the lumps are still there but much smaller. No change in appearance since the last post. I am hopeful that there is more of a change than what I have seen so far. Still unsure of if it was worth it or not.

Day 49 update

I am beginning to see some change in appearance. What do you all think? I reposted the day of procedure to remind everyone where we started. Remember, I am only at 7 weeks post procedure right now. From what I understand the 3 month mark is when you will see significant change.
Nurse Nicole

The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.