40 Yr Old Indianapolis, IN Woman Survives Ultherapy

Once I hit 40, noticed my neck and jowls were...

Once I hit 40, noticed my neck and jowls were starting to sag. I only weigh 112 and am 5'3", but my face is naturally pudgy. Because of this, even a little sagging is very noticeable. Since I wasn't a candidate for a face life, so the professionals suggested I have ultherapy to kickstart my collagen again. After seeing mixed reviews -- ranging from barely noticeable pain to barely tolerable pain -- I figured my pain tolerance is pretty average, so I took a couple IB profin beforehand and went for it. I quickly found that my pain tolerance isn't as high as I thought. I envy all those who didn't feel any discomfort and I don't want to scare anyone away (because everyone's different) but for me, it hurt like heck! It felt like someone put 1,000 needles on a paddle, electrically charged them all, then started to hit my face and neck with it repeatedly. I'm only 40, so I can only imagine the stress those who are 60+ must feel. Perhaps I have more nerve receptors in my face than others. I do have a smaller face than most. Maybe my nerves are more compact as a result. Not sure. All I do know is that Ultherapy could be potentially be used as a torture device on terrorists. But like I said before, I'm not trying to scare anyone away, because everyone's different. Just be aware that there are definitely those (like me) who feel major discomfort from this procedure. Hopefully, it kicked my collagen into shape enough to see some nice results, but I don't think I'd ever do it again - even if it was free. I'd rather wait 30 years and get a surgical lift instead. Listed above are my current 1 day post pictures.

The staff was amazing! The girl that administered my pain, Holly, was also very nice. She apologized several times for my discomfort. She even let me keep the blanket I was bundled up in. She told me that they require the whole staff to get Ultherapy done so that they can tell their patients what it's like. I don't feel mis-informed at all. She told me that some people feel very little, but she was one of those (like me) that felt a lot!

6 week Update

It's been 6 weeks since my ultherapy session and I'm pleased to announce that I've already seen some improvement. Nothing miraculous, but definitely improved. My jowls are no longer drooping and my neck isn't sagging as much. I can't wait to see what another month may bring. I'll update again towards the end of January. In the meantime, here's some updated pictures.

6 Week Update Pictures

As of 11/20/15

It's been a year and my jowls are gone, but the saggy neck's still there. :( I believe it was even saggier before the procedure, so it probably did help some, but my saggy neck was the #1 reason why I decided to have the procedure in the first place.

16 months since Ultherapy

It's been a little over a year and I'm relieved to say my ulthera results are still holding nicely. I'm a little disappointed that my neck had never tightened much, but it's not bad either. My jowls have definitely improved! I feel I look much longer than I did.
Holly