Soooo Happy - Idaho Falls, ID

I've told my story here already, but probably not...

I've told my story here already, but probably not in the right format...so here goes. I am 63 years old..had silicone implants when I was 22, and then replaced when I was 50. I'm now widowed, and just had them removed 11 days ago...The surgery was fine. I had drains from each side until today....finally had them removed. I HATED the drains....it's two long tubes with a bulb on the end. You have to empty them twice a day and keep a log of the color and amount of fluids. I started with 40 c.c.s and ended with about a quarter of a teaspoon. I found it very hard to sleep with the drains in, and I don't handle pain meds well...so it was a tough, uncomfortable 11 days. But they are out and I have to wear a sports bra for the next 3 or 4 weeks....no lifting, pulling, or pushing anything over 10 lbs, and no aerobic exercise either (that really bothers me).....My breasts were extremely small before surgery and they are now...and squished flat. I think they will change in the next month or so...we'll see. But I don't care.........as long as those horrid foreign objects are out of my body. I'm the happiest I've been in a long long time...if anyone is considering getting an explant done...I HIGHLY recommend it.

13 days out

Wow...yesterday I felt like someone had beat me in the chest, but today I am almost totally pain free. I the left side of my left breast was very very sore, and now just a little bit sore... Still wearing a compression bra 24 hours a day (for a full month from surgery date), but that's okay. So happy I had this done and am on my way to recovery. You know ladies, it's good to be 63 years old! I am happy with teeny boobs and would never want to go back to obsessing over my physical appearance. Life is good!!!
Coeur d'Alene Plastic Surgeon

Dr Owsley put my 2nd set of implants in, and did the explant. He's a very nice man and a very competent doc. His wife is his nurse. My ONLY complaint about his business is the small things. Their written instructions said to buy and bring a sports bra the surgery day. When I called to ask a question about that, they said, no, you don't need to bring a bra, we provide one..then at the hospital there was a lot of talk amongst the nurses about why a sports bra wasn't sent for me....I was sent home wihtout one...just an ace bandage. Now today at my 11 day out appointment, I arrived with my ace bandage on and was asked if I brought my sports bra....nope, no one told me I needed to ....so I went home with no bandage and no bra.....those little mixups are irritating when you're in the middle of something so important to you...but in the big picture, it's very minor. I have confidence in Dr Owsley and his nurse. She is the one you see at your pre-op and post-op appontments, and she knows her stuff. Oh yeah, I was VERY disappointed that neither the doctor, nor any member of his staff called to check on me in the 11 days after surgery and before my appointment. Even my dentist calls to check on me...that was unexcusable, in my book.