ETHNIC RHINOPLASTY IN PHILIPPINES Dr Yap

Heyyyy, so after searching for agessss on real...

Heyyyy, so after searching for agessss on real self for reviews on ethnic rhinoplastys similar to mine it seemed literally impossible. I'm Asian but don't require the typical 'Asian rhinoplasty' which involves implants or anything I am south Asian and have similar problems to Caucasians.

I'm from the UK but have been abroad in Asia/Australia over a year now and hearing and seeing so much amazing work done (lady boys) I've settled to get my rhinoplasty in Asia.Originally going for Thailand I've changed my mind and going for the Philippines.Finally got confirmation for my op November 9th!!!! I'll be flying from Australia on the 8th.I've decided to go for Doctor Eric Yapjuangco from The Icon Clinic after stalking his Instagram and reading heaps of reviews. So although I think my nose is so bulbous and my side profile is horrible I didn't realise it was as bad as it is cos I need heaps done! Lol I just want a more petite feminine nose, and my side profile to be a lot more subtle.

The list..

Looking at your pictures taken at the side, I noticed that there is also a hump on the bridge of the nose.

To make your nose smaller and look more feminine, what we will need to do is to rasp down the hump, we will also get some cartilage from the ear or from the septum to do Tiplasty.

We can also do Alarplasty to make the lower third part of the nose slimmer and narrower.

Lastly, we might have to do a Nasal Bone Infracture/ Osteotomy to narrow the middle third part of the bridge.

I'm officially an Icon Doll!

So I went in a little early before my 4pm appointment yesterday, icon clinic is so nice!!! Felt a bit awkward seeing heaps of girls all sitting waiting also but it gave me the confidence that I chose the right doc.
Did my paperwork blood test weight and height measurements and well as blood pressure. After a while I saw Dr Yappy (his office is so cooool) but we went over my main issues what's achievable etc he took a pic of my wish pic as I continuously emphasised my side profile and the arch I want. Then I was taken into a recovery room to wait.
After a while the anaesthesiologist who was very lovely and bubbly explained it all to be as I had never been hospital let alone receive any form of sedation. Also took a pregnancy test.
I was given the clothe to wear and removed all jewellery (inc my belly bar which one of the nurses took the bar returning after surgery but I didn't remember and now I'm sure my piercing has closed)

Oh my god. Anaesthesia.

I don't remember anything about my operation so can not comment, but I remember going in around 5pm getting my IV and something to make me sleepy. I then remember the guy putting the anaesthesia through saying I'll feel tingling or cold and literally that is it.
I woke up shaking so bad, like all I can remember was just shaking and nurses around I hadn't acknowledged I've had my nose done.
I literally couldn't talk enough to ask what was going on or what the Time was I was covered in blankets trying to get me to stop shaking.
I do recall him saying it is a side effect but I never guessed to this extent.
No idea how long I was out for or how long I was there, after a while I was taken back into my recovery room where I continues to shake so much.
Bless my nurse I kept asking for water but would throw it straight back up she would fill the glass with a sip and a straw but my mouth was so dry I'de just have it really quick.
Throw it up just blood and water but will also come from my nose. I couldn't wipe it cos she would tell me not to touch my nose.
For hours I can't explain the feeling but it was just the worst feeling ever, around 4.30am I was saying I want to go home and rest. She called the dr in to explain my medication and aftercare to me, mind you I processed nothing at all. They do give you a little bag with medicine and instructions. As I was going to leave I realised I had no soft food, so my nurse ran to the convenient store for me got me some yoghurts and water and wheelchaired me to the taxi. (I live literally a 2 minute walk but there's no way I could have walked especially with a crazy main road where there is no crossing)
So I got home tried to eat a yoghurt so I can gain some energy and drunk some water.
Literally threw it all up in seconds I was way too dizzy to stand so laid in bed upright.

Honestly the worst 4 hours of my life.
My nose continuously dripped blood I kept trying to wipe it and sleep my mouth was soooo dry there was so much blood on my lips and in my mouth I got up at 8am trying to clean myself up.
I'de go the bathroom use distilled water with cotton buds and make up pads but couldn't stand for long without feeling like I need to pass out.
There were like layers of dry blood all around my nose my tongue my chest just everywhere. There's only so much a little cotton bud could do so I start using make up remover pads. Like there were so many layers of dried blood it took forever. Also as I kept coming back into my room to sit every few minutes cos I felt like passing out.

After cleaning up my face I felt a lot better my tongue was so disgusting!!! So I sat on the edge of my bed had a yoghurt some grapes and some water my antibiotics and an ibuprofen. When I first woke up after surgery I had taken a picture I had barely any swelling in the morning I couldn't really open my eyes their all dark and swollen as, just applied arnica.

It's only 12.30 in the afternoon I am wide awake laying in bed no clue what to do with myself!! I'm scared to go outside but I need to stock up on water..

And ofc the swelling has got worse

More pics the swelling has only just started by the looks of it my right eye is almost completely shut now

Just walked to the clinic for my follow up appointment, didn't see Dr Yap at all just a nurse who took me in to clean my nose.. I told her I'm having trouble breathing as in my chest really hurts my throat is also hurting a lot like swallowing my saliva is painful so she went to ask the Dr Yap regarding it after a while she came back and said he said its normal from the anaesthesia and maybe take some vitamin c for my swelling.
So I will be going back in on Wednesday for removal of my cast and stitches!!!
I've still not seen the Doctor Yap at all since going into surgery would have been nice to actually see him and know what happened during surgery and what I actually had done.. Because tbh I'm not 100% sure right now. I know my bridge was shaved down along with the sides, Osteotomy, cartilage from my septum for tiplasty (don't know if it was done)
I will upload pictures of the swelling with no edits now because it looks NOTHING like me..

Other then my chest hurting and throat I don't feel bad at all, been doing usual daily things like going shopping, cooking, getting food etc other then the stares I get feel pretty good.

Day 4- my face is almost back

Hey guys, so I've been feeling pretty good regardless of the lack of sleep yesterday was my first night staying in bed past 8am!!
I wasn't feeling myself much cos of all the swelling but my face is ALMOST back the swelling has all gone from my eyes just a little bruising left.
Just swollen below my eyes now my cheeks and jawline.
Had the most EMBARRASSING day ever today tho but it made me laugh.
I wore a dress with buttons down the from, put my lil mask thing on and went down to the shop as I'm walking back with my groceries everyone is staring at me more so then normal I get the mask causes attention.
Then I walk past the apartment block beside mine and the security guy starts singing in Filipino I'm like this is weird feel the front of my dress and all my buttons had undone so my boobs are just there hanging out ???????????? pulled the mask off so I can see out my stuff on a pried bike and buttoned my dress up and ran to my apartment sooooo embarrassing haha
Atleast I don't know anyone here I suppose

Cast off- day 7

Hey girls, so I've got my cast and stitches off today and I literally hate what's underneath can't even deal with looking at myself right now. I can see improvement on my side profile but from the front my nose is just MASSIVE.
So I'm not going to be posting much for a little bit, I know it's very very swollen Dr Yap reassured me that it's going to look great and I look amazing for only 7 days post op in terms of swelling. It's like even though you know prior to removal your nose is going to be massive and swollen nothing prepares you for when you actually see yourself with a worse off nose then you started off with. I trust Dr. Yap fully and he seemed so confident that it makes me feel as though it will look amazing but till it calms down a little See ya x

Pics soon..

So my swelling is slowlyyyyy going down, my side profile is slowly looking better but from the front the sides are soooo swollen still.
I will upload pics my columella has been stitches SO UNEVENLY it's ridiculous it looks horrendous from the side, but Dr Eric said its swelling and cos of excess skin from shaving down so much but will eventually bounce back.
So I have a few things I should have mentioned regarding the clinic.
Firstly, for a clinic with ONLY one surgeon it is crazy busy which is nice and gives you confidence in the doctor but you can feel a bit neglected and perhaps too many patients are taken on.
For follow ups you are not given any specific time to come in just come between 1-4 or something (be prepared to wait for HOURSSSSSSS to see doc for a few mins)
Consultations/surgeries/follow ups are all on the same day just seems pretty unorganised.
I sat there waiting for hours to show Dr Eric my uneven stitching there's no patient file so every nurse individually came to me asking what day I am post op, why I am there. I was taken in the room and left there another 10-15 minutes when one of the nurses said she'll clean my nose. She then was like oh you have stitches you getting them removed (this is on day 14) I didn't even know I had stitches left in my nostrils the nurse that removed the stitches on the seventh day mentioned NOTHING about them.
Anyway Doctor Eric is very nice and makes you feel very comfortable but I feel as though he's always rushing to leave I've probably spoken to him 5 minutes max at any given time.
I'm almost one month post op and I have stitches left in my nose... That one of the many nurses that dug in my nose did not detect.. I was panicking about it the other night when I noticed dr said it is apparently absorbable I can cut off if I like (it hurt I couldn't)
Overall I just think better organisation with designated appointment times and patient files would be very beneficial.

Pictures

Hey so here are some pics 1 month post op.
Be prepared for the oiliesttt nose you've ever had like its like my nose is excreting olive oil by the barrel from my nose but it's also flake and dry??
My collumela is hanging sooo low you can see the difference.
I hate my front profile right now it's bigger then before the bridge looks wider and there's no real shape but hopefully all just swelling.
You can see an improvement in my sides.
Dr. Eric Yapjuangco