Kinda Disappointed So Far - Hurst, TX

I'm 60 years old. Been a lifetime dieter but...

I'm 60 years old. Been a lifetime dieter but weight got out of control in my 40's. This surgery was a gift to myself for turning 60. During the liquid period 5 days before and 5 days after surgery lost about 8 pounds. Then I started on food. I have had only 1 fill. They tried to put in 3 ml but I nearly choked to death so they took 1.5 ml out. I am due for another fill next week. So far nothing is really happening. I can tell I am eating a bit less but I still get my usual hunger feelings. I try to watch what I eat. I had gained 3 of the 8 pounds back. I weighted this morning and have gained another 3 pounds.
I'm hoping that according to what I have read it may take 7 to 8 fills to get to the "sweet spot" and I have only had one. I did alot of research and talked to folks who had already had the surgery, so I had high hopes. I've got about 100 pounds to loose. I have a BMI of 40. Is it still early in the game and I am too eager? Once I get a few more fills I will be going in the right direction? My exercise is cutting yards, I have 2 houses that I have to keep the yards up and it is quite a chore. I'm just feeling a bit low.
Hurst Bariatric Surgeon