Rejuvenize Peel - Huntsville, AL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

20 year old African American female and I just...

20 year old African American female and I just went through with the Skinmedica Rejuvenize Peel. I initially sought out to do the V.I peel but the doctor advised that I had this particular peel as I was seeking to correct acne scars and MINOR hyperpigmentation. Anyway, the process itself only took 15 minutes. You're supposed to have 3 layers of medication but I tapped out at two because I couldn't deal with the itching sensation you get prior to the last coatings. As promised, the worst of it was over after the final coating but I can't say that for sure because I literally had the procedure done 10 minutes ago lol. I will post before and after pictures in about 5 days so stay tuned!

48 hours later..

I am now two days post-peel and every thing is going like clock work. I had some light flaking around the chin last night, nothing to obvious as I was still able to have friends over the bring in the new year, but today seems like a stay inside kind of day because the peeling is quite obvious. I'm super excited to see what the end result will be! I'll keep you guys posted.. I've attached some photos of my skin in its current state so don't be tooo grossed out lol.

PS: For anyone who has had or will have a chemical peel of any sort done, check out microdembrasion crystals on amazon! They have some amazing reviews and I went ahead and ordered some as a weekly post care exfoliator.

72 Hours In..

Well I'm up way too late and thought why not do a little update? *WARNING NO PHOTOS*

Ok so first of all: to those of you considering this process, DO consider the amount of down time you have to put up with as you will look scary enough to scare small children and weak hearted adults. Everyone else will look at you with either a look of disgust, worry, pity and/or confusion. Ergo, if you can stay inside during the process.. do so lol.

Anyway, my skin is doing well. I have noticed that where I had some fresh but definitely healed acne scars, the peel turns dark and the scab entirely comes off leaving new, fresh skin underneath. Things like this are super gross, but they encourage me :)...in a weird, gross way..

My peeling became unsightly around yesterday morning and definitely by yesterday evening. I had to go to a dinner at my boyfriends house so I just took the L and acted like j was fine. Surprisingly no one asked what was up with my face lol so I didn't tell them either (unless they were staring too long and hard). Otherwise i was in zero pain, just at an all time ugly.

Washing your face will be challenging as you do NOT want to irritate the peeling process, but you do need to have your face clean, so i advice you be very, VERY gentle during the day 3/4 mark as it pertains to washing and especially drying your face.

My peeling has extended up to my jawline and forehead so I hope to be done at least by Sunday morning so I can go to work that evening. (I work at a job where you cannot get away with peeling skin. You just can't.)

will update tomorrow or the next day with photos!

Finally finished!

So today makes an entire 7 days since my peel and I am here to say that it was WORTH IT! My pores are noticeably smaller, not a pimple in sight and many of my scars have faded. Some of my darkest, most fresh scars actually flaked right off leaving fresh new skin!

I will say.. i may have washed my face too rough because i have two tiny scabs where my peeling had been slowest however, I'm confident they won't scar so this process was definitely wOrth it. I'll add a few before and after pictures!

pictures

Random update. 3 years later!

To all my dark skinned beauties (not exclusive to African Americans only) please find a doctor who is knowledgeable in dark skin!! I had severe hyperpigmentation following this procedure due to lack of information on the doctors part and lack of education on mine. If you choose to still see a doctor who isn't an expert in this area, DO YOUR RESEARCH to avoid severe darkening. I ended up using a hydroquinone cream for a few months to get back to my normal complexion. I find my skin has since been more prone to darkening even with sunscreen. No biggie as it isn't as severe anymore, but definitely something to note.
Dr. Connie