46. I Looked Fine, Just Too Big. Now I Look Like a Train Wreck! - Utah

I have always been big and i was a 36DDD and 5'3...

I have always been big and i was a 36DDD and 5'3.5". I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. I opted for a reduction at the time of the lumpectomy. I'm not sure why but the plastic surgeon was three hours late to my surgery. It was scheduled for 830 but he was not available until almost noon. After i woke one of the nurses came in to tell me that if i didn't like wgat he did the other doc could fix it. I wonder why. now that I'm mostly healed, i see that the skin does not fit around my nipples, it was bunched up and glued that way. Seven weeks later, the pouches caused by the folded skin continue to get infected and fill with pus. I am two very different sizes and the healthy breast is much smaller, the areola is not even round, and the entire breast oddly shaped. The doc says that the dimpling was a result of where my cancer was. Yet he did the same odd thing on the healthy side as well. I would NEVER have had this surgery had i known that THIS wad what he would do to me. And it's sad that the attitude i am getting from the clinic is that my looks no longer matter because of my small, early stage tumor. I have cancer so it doesn't matter? It matters to me. At my last visit to a different doc in the same clinic, i was told that yes, they look bad, yes they can be fixed. Bad news is that they say the insurance won't pay to repair the bad job. I look like i was in an accident. A general surgeon could have done THIS.

Poor results. i wish i had my healthy normal breast back :,(

Doctors put ne to shame by saying that the poor results are my own fault for choosing a breast reduction. My choice, my fault. It can be fixed they say but only if i can afford to pay them.

10 weeks out

Notice the length of the incision scars from ribs to nipple and the missing tissue on my left breast. What was this guy smoking when he was operating on me??

My view from above.

This is what i have to see when i look down. Dr. Christopher Pannucci says it "looks good".

11 months

Do not go to Dr. Christopher Pannucci of University of Utah. I'm still being told that this is MY fault for choosing an elective procedure to compliment my cancer surgery.

14 months.

I'm not comfortable with the way i look. I am embarrassed and self conscious. I only wear baggy tshirts anymore. I wish i had some recourse.
Christopher Pannucci

Bedside manner was horrible. Negative and dramatic and only concerned with his reputation should anything go wrong. Wouod not acknowlege his mistakes. He says, "i see your concerns but this looks great".