Best Decision Ever! - Huntington, NY

I have struggled with my weight for most of my...

I have struggled with my weight for most of my life. I have had periods where it was more under control but after having children, I spent 10+ years feeling miserable and hating myself. I had a lap band placed in 2011 and hated every minute of it. I didn't lose the weight and wound up feeling even worse about myself. I felt like a complete failure. It wasn't until I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a very long time that my eyes were opened to VSG. She looked FABULOUS and she motivated me to meet with her surgeon, Dr. Buchin. I made an appt. and within the first 2 minutes of meeting him, I knew I was in the right place and that a revision from band to sleeve was what I needed to do. He is passionate about what he does and it shows. Dr. Buchin spent time with me, he makes himself very accessible to questions and concern at all times and put me at ease when I was scared at my pre-op. Scared of electing to go under anesthesia, scared of complications, but mostly, scared of failure. This journey has been nothing but amazing. I have lost about 100 lbs. so far and feel fantastic. Just 15 more lbs. to goal! I'm forever grateful that I was put in Dr. Buchin's care. This tool he has given me is a gem and I will be sure to take care of it for the rest of my life.
Long Island Bariatric Surgeon