Ready for Change - Houston, TX

My surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday and I...

My surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday and I don't know how I feel. It is a peace that surpasses all understanding. When I made this decision in April I didn't know how I was going to do this, I prayed and decided I could no longer look like this physically. I went from a woman who was once on a Miller Beer poster to someone that looks completely different. My weight is in my abdominal area and I hate it! I didn't even realize I looked so physically bad until I went for a consultation and they took pictures of me. I cried like a baby on the way home and made up my mind that day, change was coming. My only concern is I can't see myself in my imagination physically changed. Did anyone else experience this feeling? I am concerned about anesthesia and a lack of help at home. Also, I have never been cut on I had my children through natural child birth so I am fearful of the pain. I need so encouragement, words of wisdom and prayers.

Great Doctor and Staff

I still can't believe I made this decision it was the best I could have made. I took my life back at 51 years old. I was so caught up in taking care of everyone else, running around like a mad woman and accepting my husband calling me a cute chubby chic. That was fine if he had married me that way but that I had abused my body to the point of poor health. Having the surgery has been a blessing for me. I also had lipo on my axilla, flanks, and back. I havent posted pictures but will real soon.

Houston Plastic Surgeon