31, Newlywed, No Children, Nurse/Uberpreneur, Want to Get Healthy for Life. Houston, TX

So, as you can read in my other posts, I had knee...

So, as you can read in my other posts, I had knee surgery on 10/28/15 due to an injury in which I tore my ACL & MCL while just walking normally. But I had already decided that I was going to have the sleeve a few weeks prior and had set my surgery date on the day of my initial consultation with Dr. Dirk Rodriguez here in Houston. I found his practice, Evolve Weight Loss, through an internet search, that led me to his site and then did a little reputation research on him. Come to find out he is well known and respected in Dallas and Houston and frequently does a lot of press interviews. I went in for the consult and was immediately set at ease, great rapport, compassion, and bedside manner. My insurance doesn't have bariatric benefits, but he ran it through his abdominal hernia program and got it down to a level I can afford. At any rate, I have total faith that I'm in capable hands and can't wait for the results to come. I currently weigh 226 lbs. and I'm 5'2", size 18 short, and XL shirts, 40DD bra. Goal weight for me is 110-120!

4 days down , 4 lbs down, forever to go!!!

So, yes I'm still experiencing some latent and unexpected side effects but I won't address that just now. So far I'm still just adjusting to my new sleeved body. My brain is still making adjustments too. At any rate, with regard to my weight so far it's been an unadulterated success.
Dr. Dirk Rodriguez

So far, I love Dr. Dirk! He's completely no nonsense, great bedside manner, awesome rapport, confident, yet not cocky, and no detectable super-ego. A rarity indeed. Post-surgery update, Dr. Dirk was great throughout this whole process with one exception, but I may be blowing it a bit out of proportion. I was in a great deal of pain the first day, to be expected for sure, but when I reiterated this point the good doctor stated that it was physically impossible for me to be in the kind of pain that I was feeling at that time. I felt like he just wanted me to get done with the prerequisites for leaving the surgical center as quick as possible,as if I were inconveniencing him in some way. However, since that first day I've only spoken with the surgical center, their patient advocate, and Dr. Dirk's nurse with the exception of one call he returned from voicemail, in which he again dismissed my concerns about newly swollen and tender gums post-surgery. Will continue to update this review as necessary.