Mono-Vision Lasik Procedure - Houston, TX

I would NOT do this again if I had the choice. I...

I would NOT do this again if I had the choice. I had to have monovision where they only work on one eye, and the although the procedure and healing were non-eventful, I think I actually would rather wear reading glasses. If you are considering Lasik for mono-vision, I implore you to wear mono-vision contacts for 6 months FIRST. They do not tell you this at Joffe before you schedule your procedure. Basically you have to train your eyes to endure only being able to see up close in one eye and far away in the other. I still have to put eye drops in my eyes every hour on the hourly nearly two years later or I get blurry vision. I can almost not drive at night at all (they recommended night vision glasses). For me I wish I had not done it and wouldn't recommend this to anyone with trouble seeing up close (on their phone, etc.) unless you first try the contacts like that and develop a tolerance for it. Then, be prepared to have chronic dry eye the rest of your life in the treated eye.
Joffe Medicenter Houston