36 year old, mother of two teenage girls. Mommy makeover (TT, lipo on flanks and BA)

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had been unhappy with myself for the past 16...

I had been unhappy with myself for the past 16 years because of my pregnancy stretch marks and sagging skin. I tried it all to "fix" it on my own by buying products, working out and homemade remedies, but nothing worked. though, everyone around me thought I was perfect, including the hubby, but I was just unhappy every time I undressed myself. I am very petite and very curvy but not been able to wear certain things due to my sagging skin and stretch marks was definitely a downer for so many years. Having the mommy makeover surgery has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. Though, the first couple of weeks were challenging, I felt regret and doubt but I was able to surpass them with the support of my excellent nurses; my husband and my girls. Now, I can see amazing results that have enhanced my figure just as promised. It's been almost two months, I still cannot do many things as I am not completely healed yet, but I am gradually enjoying the world once again. If you're considering this surgery, prepare yourself mentally and emotionally as your life will be on pause for a bit but it's completely worth it! Here are some before and after pics.

One week post surgery

The first week was the toughest. The first three or four days were a complete blur. I had to take approximately 20 pills a day to include pain meds, vitamins for swelling, bruising, for healing, and pills for nausea. I hated the pain killers (hydrocodone), I hallucinated and they gave me nightmares every time I took them. For the first few days, I had to take them every 4 hours. I really do not understand how can people become addicted to them when their side effects are crazy! I hated the draining tubes, I tugged on them twice and it hurt so bad I cried and thought I had torn my skin off (they're sewn onto the skin) mine were right above my vagina. I did not know they were about 3" or 4" inside me until I showered one day and felt something move inside. They got removed a week later which was the worst and best day ever. It was the worst day because they got pulled out of me and it hurt a lot! I hope not to ever get draining tubes for any reason ever again. I am not a pill popper so taking so many pills was a challenge. I am mostly about natural remedies, eating clean and working out so not being able to eat solids or working out was a challenge but I knew I needed to have patience. My back hurt a lot during the first couple of weeks because was hunchback so I wasn't up very much, I needed to take it easy if I wanted to heal beautifully. Sleeping in an almost sitting position was also another big challenge, I woke up several times at night because I was tired of sleeping on my back but what made it a little easier was the garment I wore for support. Surprisingly, my breast did not hurt, they actually never did. Here are some pics of the first week post surgery.

First week post surgery pics

I look back at this pics now and wow! My body went through some traumatizing experience. But it's something I've always wanted. By the way, labor does not compare to this as the surgery is by far more painful.

Tummy Tuck Scar progress

My scar is healing wonderfully. However, it is imperative to hydrate the body as much as possible for the sake of our skin. I also massage my scar every night with organic coconut butter. In the mornings I clean my scar and rub some Prosil ointment which was given to me at my doctor's office. Here are some progress pics and different angles.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Where do I even begin? I had several consultations throughout the years with several surgeons in the Houston area and in San Antonio and Dr. Morales was the best one by far. I am a very analytical person and first impressions are the most important, so when I met Dr. Morales, I was able to identify that he was a perfectionist. I knew that without a doubt his work was going to be phenomenal. I met many surgeons and they were willing to do what I wanted them to do, but Dr. Morales was very specific and stated that if I was looking for exaggerated results that he was not the doctor for me. Dr. Morales asked me several questions to figure out my lifestyle because he wanted me to maintain my natural appearance as much possible. I was not sure as to what I really wanted, I had many questions for him, and he patiently answered them all. I felt convinced that the mommy makeover procedure was the best choice and he was right! Dr. Morales' persona and professionalism never change throughout the follow-up appointments, just as he was interested in my wants, needs and concerns on the very first consultation, he always remained the same. I have referred him to all my friends and will continue to do so as he was THE BEST surgeon I have ever met as I do not have a single complaint. I am extremely happy with his service and with my results just as he promised.