Mixed-Race Hispanic Rhinoplasty

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 90 reviews

I started out as a 23 year old a big nose. My nose...

I started out as a 23 year old a big nose. My nose had bulbous tip. When I smiled my nostrils widened. My side profile was very large; cast a small shadow over my mouth. I am of mixed-race & hispanic heritage. This means that I had a lot of different ethnic features on my nose. I liked my face and my nose but I thought it's features were exaggerated for a petite 110 lb woman.

The operation was quick and painless. I was asleep the whole time and did not even see the operating room.

My mouth was very dry from breathing out of my mouth during the 6 day recovery period. I personally required some nose packing which kept me from breathing from my nose. I lost sense of taste and had a dry tongue and gums during those 6 days.

Quick Seamless Recovery

It is now 3 months post op and my friends and family cannot tell I got a nose job any more! As soon as the swelling subsided, my new nose seems natural. Even people who watched me closely through the recovery process cannot tell. The most dramatic part of my nose is now my side profile, which now has a really cute ski slope shape.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

This is a detail oriented group that considers all geometric proportions in order to complement your whole person. Dr. Athre considered my concerns and offered an approach that would be proportionate and natural. Dr. Athre was very charismatic and directly addressed nose issues I would normally shy away from discussing. The Athre Facial Plastics team addressed my desired outcomes and what would be realistic and natural. The team addressed matters such as my race & ethnicity in a sensitive manner.