Fit 31 Year Old Mother of 3-all Via Cesarean - Houston, TX

I am an avid crossfit junkie. The only thing that...

I am an avid crossfit junkie. The only thing that was hindering my body and confidence was the loose skin on my stomach as a result of having 2 vertical c-sections and 1 horizontal. I gained 80lbs each the lady two pregnancieseparate, so my tummy looked like a deflated balloon. I had a mini tummy tuck- skin only no liposuction last week and I am beyond pleased with my results! Dr. Sato was fabulous! She was very thorough and went above and beyond to make sure I was pleased with the outcome. I highly recommend her to anyone looking into a mini or full abdominoplasty!

9 days post op

Scar is healing well. My drains were removed on post op day 3.

Scar woes

I should have gotten these pads a long time ago! The ends of my incision have been sticking to my binder and kinda ripping when I take it off to shower. So I took my binder off for a day to let my scar semi heal/harden. It's much better now! But I'm putting these over it and under my binder just in case.

2 weeks PO update

Scar is coming along. Started putting bacitracin on it per surgeon's orders. Both ends of my incision were rubbing the binder and getting super irritated. So I cover them with butterfly closures under my binder which has helped alot. Other than that, the scar seems to be healing well.

3 weeks post op

I started wearing a waist trainer last week as a compression garment. Those fajas are too rich for my blood lol and the one from the hospital was uncomfortable. I really like this waist trainer, mainly because it snaps and zips and it's not latex. Anyone else have other suggestions for compression garments that aren't too pricy?

Also I've lost about 8lbs since surgery which puts me close to my goal weight...but I think it's muscle mass I'm losing ???? so I really feel like crying. I'm sooooo ready to get back to crossfit!

4 weeks post op

I went back to crossfit on Wednesday, which was 4 weeks and 1 day post op. Taking it pretty slow. Light weights and no ab work as of yet. Today was my third day back and I'm super sore lol of course but my tummy feels great! Saw my surgeon the ok to start using silicone strips yay! Does anyone know if they work super well? I'm hoping so. I've been using scar therapy oil as well so I'm going to keep massaging with that and wear the silicone strips as well.

5 weeks Post op

My incision is super flat these days. I've been going to crossfit since week 4 PO everyday except Saturday and Sunday. After I get home from CF I put on my silicone strips. I take them off at night and massage with Palmers scar therapy and cocoa butter cream. It's completely flat now. My PS says she may do a revision in a few months because if you look closely right above my incision there appears to be a small slit on my tummy. That slit is actually my closed hole from my old belly button piercing! It's amazing to me that it used to be above my belly buttin and now it's way down by my public its crazy! I think I may not want the revision though just to keep the piercing scar to remind me of my old tummy :)

7 weeks Post op

7 weeks Post op tomorrow. Starting to feel almost normal for the most part. Did ghd situps for the first time today. Definitely felt the burn. Will probably be super sore and swollen tomorrow though so crossing my fingers.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sato was very thorough! She gave me her cell and office numbers to follow up with questions or any concerns I had. She was very down to earth and I could tell she takes pride in her work and pleasing her patients. She did a phenomenal job!