Hispanic Ethnic Rhinoplasty (Dorsal Hump Removal, Minor Deviated Septum) - Houston, TX

I've hated my nose since I was about 10 years old....

I've hated my nose since I was about 10 years old. I loved my front profile but I always felt like my side profile wasn't feminine enough because of the bump. I would pose a certain way for pictures so that it wouldn't be as noticeable. Eventually I got tired of it and decided I was going to start saving up for a rhinoplasty procedure as soon as I got my first job. I began to research doctors all over the country, watched plenty of recovery videos on youtube, read reviews on Real Self, and started making a list of doctors I wanted to get consultations with. Dr. Funk was my number one choice so I decided to call and book a consultation appointment. The staff was amazing! Abby was very courteous and sweet and was able to book my appointment sooner than expected. During the consultation, Dr. Funk and I discussed what my vision of a perfect nose was, health concerns, and what recovery was going to be like. I liked the fact that he was able to provide me with side by side photos of what my nose was going to look like. Afterwards, I met with Leah (not sure if I'm spelling it correctly) to go over the estimated price of the procedure, book the surgery date & pre-op appointment, and received a list of foods and vitamins/medications to avoid 2 weeks before surgery. I did not feel pressured in any way but I made up my mind Dr. Funk was the one, and decided to book it then and there. My pre-op appointment was VERY informative thanks to Leah. She answered every possible question (even questions I had not thought of myself!) which made recovery speedy and pretty painless. The day of surgery I was super nervous but the staff was extremely nice and did a great job putting me at ease. The procedure was quick and painless that before I knew it, I woke up and was on my way home to recover. Since I had been thoroughly watching recovering vlogs on YouTube, I was prepared for the worst! Surprisingly, my recovery time was significantly shorter, painless, and much more comfortable than the ones I saw on those vlogs. Of course, I followed Dr. Funk's instructions to the tee.

Recovery Days

Here are a few pictures from my recovery week. Swelling and bruising wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I wasn't bruised or swelled up until 2 days after my surgery. Most of the major swelling was gone by the 6th day.

10 days Post-op

10 days post-op and loving my new nose!

16 days later...still loving the new nose!

I love how natural it looks! Friends, family, and co-workers cannot tell what has changed. They just know I look different and whatever it is, it suits me haha!
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excellent bedside manner! Very knowledgable! Cares about his patients! Speedy recovery thanks to him!