Best Decision in Selecting Dr. Norris for Rhinoplasty!!! - Houston, TX

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

It's hard to express my utmost satisfaction but I...

It's hard to express my utmost satisfaction but I underwent a septoplasty and turbinate reduction with rhinoplasty just over a week ago. I had trouble breathing for years but when it began waking me up at night, I finally decided I couldn't ignore it any longer. I read the reviews on realself.com and narrowed my search to two doctors, one an ENT and one a plastic surgeon. They both told me my septum was severely deviated and recommended surgery for functional purposes. Then the ENT doctor used a computer program to make changes to my photographs to simulate a more aesthetic nose. I was not that bothered with how my nose looked but it was a rather Asian-type of nose with a bulbous tip. Anyways, the morphed pictures looked unnatural and he didn't explain how he would achieve the results. I politely paid for the visit and left, knowing I needed a true plastic surgeon. That's when I met Dr. Norris.

There was no comparison! Dr. Norris examined my nose from all angles and made suggestions on how to minimally get the most benefit with minimal risk and downtime. I told him I didn't want to lose the ethnicity of my nose and he wholeheartedly supported this. He said to do anything more would lead to unnatural results. In addition to having a bulbous tip, my columella was droopy and I asked for it to be improved so I didn't notice it as much on my profile.

SURGERY RESULT: dead on delivery of everything discussed and the healing was better than expected! I awoke in no pain and experienced bilateral nostril breathing for the first time with ease! It was and is still the strangest thing to be able to breathe quietly with my mouth closed. By postoperative day #5, I had my splint on the nose removed. The nose was swollen but I read the Postop booklet Dr. Norris gave me when I booked the surgery and it warned of initial swelling so I waited patiently as he reassured me that the surgery went as planned and he was very pleased with the functional and cosmetic outcome. And when you meet him, Dr. Norris is the most genuine and straight-forward doctor. When he explained the detailed approach he would take with my nose and I even got a glimpse of his notes before surgery, I felt very confident and didn't need any drawings or computer aids to suggest what my nose would look like because honestly, I knew he knew far more than I did in terms of what makes a natural, well balanced nose for an Asian face and he stressed that he would only do what would look natural.

My nose is about 80% healed in terms of swelling and looks beautiful to me but I do notice a slight refinement every few days as the swelling disappears. I had regular Thanksgiving get together so with family and friends and have no sign of recent surgery! No one that sees me stares or thinks I've done anything but when I look back at the before pictures, the change is definitely noticeable but it just looks like the nose I should've had my whole life! Thank you, Dr. Norris and staff Paulina, Jennifer and Jill, for making my insomnia a thing of the past and for a more youthful, refined nose that came as an unexpected bonus!! Best surgical experience ever- I would highly recommend Dr. Norris for his technical skill and superb professionalism. Thank you, Dr. Norris!!!!!