30s W/Kids, Needed the Flat Tummy Back. Houston, TX

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am petite, size 0, exercise daily, eat healthy,...

I am petite, size 0, exercise daily, eat healthy, generally toned in most areas except that pooch in the lower abdomen from having kids.
I decided to do Coolsculpting after consulting with two cosmetic surgeons. I was told I am a great candidate for CS though a mini tummy tuck would give me the best results for a washboard look abs. I am fine with a bit of excess skin, I just need the stubborn fat eliminated.
I researched quite well about the procedure and pretty much aware of post CS pain. I chose to have it done at a well-known cosmetic surgery center. The service was excellent. Their staff were very nice and knowledgeable.
The procedure itself was tolerable. There was some pressure pain when the suction was introduced, it lasted for about a few minutes until the area went numb and I was able to relax and enjoy a movie, some crackers and water. After an hour, the procedure concluded and oh boy, the fat looked like butter stick. The aesthetician massaged the area for a few minutes and it felt sore and weird. But that pain was nothing like what I'm going through now as I'm writing this.
I am 6 days post CS. Painful is an understatement. It is VERY VERY PAINFUL. I can say I have a higher pain tolerance than most people I know but.... this is my experience. Days 1-3 were okay. I had the numbness, a bit of pinching, shooting pain but nothing awful. i noticed very minimal swelling. The significant discomfort started on day 4. Stabbing pain, the feeling like having fire ants in my abdomen and numbness started to intensify. I knew it was only going to get worse as the days go by so I went ahead and filled the Neurontin ( 100mg, 1-2 tabs TID ) prescription which my doctor wrote for me to take as needed. Day 5 ( yesterday ) and today are horrible. I took 400mg of Neurontin yesterday with Naproxen 400mg. No relief. I decided to deal with the pain today with no medications. Fire ants, stabbing, shooting, intense nerve pain. And the numbness... I can't describe the discomfort this numbness brings. The area is so tender.
I do believe of the two things that makes this pain bearable. 1. Spanx. I've worn it immediately post CS 2. Massaging the area twice a day. It feels so weird massaging it but I think it really helps for me not to feel worse.
I am going to upload before and after pics and update as the days go by.

The Coolsculpting Machine

Before, Day 1 Post CS, Day 7 Post CS

Day 1 Post CS

Day 7 Post CS

Day 8 Post CS

I woke up last night with so much pain and prayed that today would be better. I noticed some skin irritation on my tummy this morning, making it feel
more excruciating, I think it's from wearing spanx for a week 24/7. I stopped wearing one today. The pain is still definitely there but not as bad as it was yesterday. I also got me some Tiger Balm patches and it did help a bit.

Day 9 Post CS

The shooting, stabbing pain is about 98% gone but what's becoming intense is the soreness in the area which is so excruciating. The itching and numbness along with it makes it a very annoying combo.

Day 10 Post CS

Very minimal pangs. The soreness has mostly subsided but still numb.

Day 14 Post CS

No more soreness. Still numb and oh so itchy! Itchy like I'm tempted to scratch it. Lotion does help.

Day 18

Itching is very minimal. I'm excited, I noticed changes since last night. There is lesser fat when I grab the fold in my abdomen. I can tell the difference from what it used to be. I think it is starting to do its job. Pics to follow.

Three Weeks Post CS

I have noticed changes though very minimal yet. Itching and numbness is 98% gone.

Second Treatment, 4 Weeks Post First

I had my second treatment today on my lower abdomen for 2 hours using two purple applicators, 1 hour on each side. I am less numb and tender unlike the first time. I was able to exercise this evening without any discomfort.
My aesthetician took pictures before the procedure to evaluate changes since the first treatment as I am four weeks out. We both agreed there are subtle changes and she stated that dramatic changes are usually seen after four weeks of the initial CS. I sure hope so.

5.5 Weeks Post First CS, Day 9 Post Second

I see some more changes. Still feel some soreness from the second treatment. I had very minimal shooting pain on day 4-5 post second CS. The discomfort I can describe is more of soreness on the skin.
Houston Plastic Surgeon