Finally After All the Wait (Buccal Fat Pad Removal) - Houston, TX

I've done my research and although I have heard a...

I've done my research and although I have heard a lot of bad reviews I have also heard so many good reviews about buccal fat pad removal. I am 22 soon to be 23 and my cheeks seem to be getting bigger and I'm 110 lbs so weight is not the issue. Also my family is full of baby face chubby cheeks and I am tired of mine! I look 15 when I'm 22 and let's be honest a man isn't attracted to little girls and I look like one. I am doing this for myself because I've never really liked my cheeks and after all the search I found Dr. Vitenas who has so many good reviews online and I felt really comfortable after the consultations I've had with him and his team, they also showed some before and afters from the buccal fat procedures they've done and they all looked so great! The doctor kept emphasizing that the change will be very minor but that I will love the results. I will have my surgery on May 7th so pray for me that it all goes great.

I will keep you all updated.

30hrs since Buccal Fat Pad Removal

It's been about 30hrs since my buccal fat pad removal procedure and I am not in pain but I when I touch my cheeks I do feel the bruised area which is much more on my right side. I am very swollen and I know it's normal since I got this swollen even after my wisdom teeth removal so I am not freaking out or anything. I know I will see results soon enough. I don't regret getting it done and i say this because my mother who is 43yrs old is even considering getting this procedure done because she also has chubby cheeks and my grandma does too so I did take them into consideration when I chose to get this procedure done since no matter how old they get they still maintain their cheeks and it is very unflattering if it doesn't get contoured and that involves too much makeup.

6 Days Post-Op - Buccal Fat Pad removal

It's been 6 days since my buccal fat pad removal and the swelling on my right cheek has gone down so much but when i try to open my mouth as wide as possible but I still can't due to a small slightly hard swell on the bottom of my right cheek where the buccal fat was removed which is getting smaller each day so it doesn't worry me. I don't see any changes as of now because I am still swollen on both of my cheeks (more on the right) but I'm sure once the swelling goes all down which might take up to 1month in my case then I'll be happy with the results. I also have some minimal bruising but it covered up with makeup so It's not a big deal. I will update this once the small hard swell on my right cheek goes away, hopefully in a week because I've had enough of it even though I am eating solid foods already and I returned to work today.

8 months since Buccal Fat Removal

It's been 8 months since my buccal fat removal and the change wasn't drastic at all, I do notice the difference though, my jaw is definitely more defined than it was before. The swelling did take over a month to go down, I know this because my dimples did not show up again until after a month of the procedure. The first 3-5 months I was regretting getting it done only because I wasn't seeing much of a difference but now looking back on my pictures I DO see the difference! and i love it! It wasn't what I was expecting but it is better than the fat lower cheeks I had before. I'll try to take better pictures and upload them as I reach a year.
Houston Plastic Surgeon