Boobs & Butt by Dr. Cortes! Houston, TX

I am 6 weeks post op! I am 29 years old with no...

I am 6 weeks post op!
I am 29 years old with no kids. I had surgery w Dr. Cortes on 02/06/15 & had a lollipop breast lift, silicone implants & a Brazilian butt lift. My weight at the time of surgery was 200lbs and my normal weight fluctuates from 160-1750lbs and I am 5’6. My surgery was about $15,500 for everything. I will dig up the quote & post the break down & exact amounts I paid.
For my bbl I got 1,250ccs in each cheek. 900cc’s was injected into the central part of each cheek for projection. 200 cc’s was injected in the edge of each cheek & I got 150 cc’s in each hip.
For my boobs, I got a lollipop lift and Mentor silicone implants. I have 475cc’s in my left breast and 500cc’s in my right breast.
The areas that were lipo’d was the back of my arms, the flap on the front by my arm pits, my lower back, the lower part of my stomach, my thighs and my mons pubis.
So far I am happy as I have a shape I never had before. My waist is not snatched but at my first pre-op appointment, Dr. Cortes said it wouldn't be because I have loose skin. I was ok with this & I think having realistic expectations is key to any plastic surgery you are considering having. I am still swollen around my stomach but at 6 weeks most of the lumps I had in my tummy have gone away & I am anxious for all of them to be gone.

Pre-op pictures!

Goodness, I can't believe I am posting these!!

What to expect...

I want to share my experience, pain and tips with you. When I arrived at hospital the staff was soo nice and I felt very comfortable. I was nervous but was ready to get the surgery over with. I got my drugs and knocked out before I was rolled to the operating room. After the surgery, I woke up in my room and threw up a little from the anesthesia. When they say no food or water the night prior to surgery, take it serious! If you don’t you will be throwing up a lot when you wake up.

I woke up groggy and don’t even remember calling my family to let them know I was ok. You will wake up laying down on your stomach w/ a drain. Since I did my boobs too I had 2 blue foams with holes cut out placed under my chest so I can lay on my stomach without squishing them. I stayed overnight and am happy that I did. The 1st and 2nd day for me where the hardest. I drained a normal amount of fluid and thank goodness I did not bleed on any garment or any of my clothes. I had a catheter in so I did not have to get up to pee. Walking is important but you will have leg massagers on the the first day because getting out of the bad is a mofo! I have to warn you that the first time you get up out of bed will not be easy. When you get a bbl you will wake up with your ass feeling like cinder blocks and will not be able to squeeze them! I have a high tolerance for pain but when the nurse took out the catheter I had to get up to use the restroom. The nurse & my boyfriend had to help me, I could not squeeze my ass and my arms were shaking from trying to hold myself up. I was crying and if I hadn't just done my boobs, I would have let myself fall back into the bed. Using the restroom will be a challenge since you cannot sit down or really bend to squat. I pee’d on myself a couple of times and will take practice to not wet yourself. The food at the hospital was better that what I expected and I woke up soo hungry I tore everything up J

Dr. Cortes did not see me before I was released which I must say was a big letdown. I just had my first major surgery and I needed some re-assurance that I was ok and what to do when I got home. I walked out and laid in the backseat of the car…yes people were looking at me like wtf! All of my meds cost about $40 since I had insurance. I stopped taking my pain meds after the 3rd day, they were just making me too sick. I took Tylenol around the clock even if I wasn’t in pain. The garment you get from the hospital is like pants, I must say I thought I would never be able to get these on and off if I needed to poop so my genius idea was to cut a slit in the garment by the butt crack so I could poop if I needed to without taking them off. Well ladies, during the time that you are wearing the hospital issued garment you will be constipated! I cut my garment and it made my cheeks looks hella deformed (pic attached). So my advice to you, DO NOT CUT YOUR GARMENT! Eventually it did even itself out when I got the high compression garment from Dr. Cortes office…whew!

I took 2 weeks off from work and I have to say it was hell for me to stay home. I had no pain but had a lot of discomfort. Being constipated and laying on your stomach for 2 weeks was soo boring! The medicine he prescribed for constipation didn’t work. I had to buy an over the count laxative and I didn’t have a bowel movement until 4-5 days later. I had a hard time sitting on the toilet and because I was swollen and it was hard to bend my legs. I also felt lucky that when I did take my garment off I didn’t get dizzy or pass out. Day by day it got better but at 1 week post op I did have a little break down. I was soo frustrated that I couldn’t sit down or do anything that I was questioning the surgery. I sucked it up and told myself that it would be worth it in the end. I went back to work after 2 weeks and still sit with a cushion. I will do a separate post with all the items that I used that actually helped get through this.

4 days post op!

I looked hella scary 4 days post op! I had a lot of bruising, swelling and fluid but it was my first bath and felt soo good!

Items to buy....

When reading other peoples reviews I would see a pics of what seemed like hundred of vitamins, lotions, creams, medicine etc of everything they bought to recover from a BBL. I asked Deanna at one of my pre-op appts if I needed all those things and she said no, most people just get carried away. So in order to get through a BBL/BA recovery you need the following items:

*Non stick gauze (to cover any open incisions)
*Peepo (female urinal so you can pee standing up)
*Neosporin (to put in incisions)
*Booty Buddy (BBL pillow....yes they do exist!)
*Faja board (to straighten your tummy, I got mines from Amazon)
*Arnica cream (to help w/ bruising)
*Caladryl cream (to relieve itching)
*Correctol (over the counter women's laxative)
*Tank tops w/ a shelf bra (so you do have to worry about a sports bra)
*Summers Eve wipes (to feel fresh)
*Scar Away (to help the appearance of the incisions)
*Breast pillow (I do not recommend ordering from comfy breast..service sucks!) Alternatives are using the Booty Buddy under your chest (which I do daily) or the Ledge Pillow, kinda wish I would have gotten this one.

First and foremost, you MUST get a peepo, all you have to do is tuck it into place and pee standing up facing the toilet. You will wet yourself the first couple of times but this little device makes using the restroom bearable. I also used the Summer Eves wipes to freshen up down there, since taking a bath when you want is that easy any more.

The other awesome item I bought was a Booty Buddy! Who knew there was a bbl pillow out there. The pillow ships from London and gets delivered pretty quick. It is made of memory foam type of material and has ass grooves cut out. Here is the website and you can see pics of a girl using it.
http://thebootybuddy.com/ I also like the fact that I can place it under my lower back to lay down for very small periods of time. The pillow is in a black machine washable material and has a handle. I take this with me currently to restaurants or shopping and it kinda looks like an odd shaped purse, pretty discreet!

I also bought a breast pillow. Since I had the bbl i have to lay on my stomach but I got my boobs done too! The pillow is made of what I think is a mattress topper but has the breast area cut out. I ordered mine from comfy breasts and the experience was a nightmare. I honestly think I could have made the pillow at home by layering a twin sized mattress topper. I ordered my pillow 1 month in advance and never heard from the company. The website stated to allow 15 days/3 weeks for delivery but I had to wait over a month. I asked for a refund and they refused. They said they were still working on xmas orders and were really backed up. I emailed them back & told them that was not my problem, I want my pillow or money. The owner kept coming up w/ stupid excuses like "my assistant was on her way to the post office to mail your pillow but was in an accident." Again, that is not my problem, in the end they spent about $50 to overnight it to me. :)

Want to poop? take Correctol! The medicine Dr. Cortes prescribe didn't help me at all. I got a pack of the generic correctol (bc the regular Correctol was sold out) and it worked.

Bruising? Use Arincare, I got mines at CVS and it had a coupon attached. This is a gel and I feel made my bruising go away faster. It is the same exact one that Dr. Cortes has in office. If you prefer a cream instead I also got the Miracle Plus kind. This one smells nicer & I liked both.

Got your boobs done and hate your sports bra showing through you clothes? Then get the tanks tops with a shelf bra. I got about 5 different colors from amazon and they look better under your clothes than a sports bra.

Itching?! Here is the trick to relieve itching under your garment. Lather yourself with Caladryl cream, let it dry and put on a thin tank top UNDER your garment & boom the itching is gone. Again this is what works for me and hope it does for you too!

Don't like your scars? Use Scar Away, I am currently using the gel on fat grafting scars & the silicone sheets on my breast lift incisions. I will update in a month or so to let you know what I think.

2-6 weeks into recovery

I went back to work after 2 weeks and ladies if you sit like a desk like I do it will be hard and harder if you work 60+ hours a week like a do! I told my co workers that I feel & broke my tail bone...which worked! :) I sit with a cushion which I hacked & will post and randomly kneel at my desk.

I got my stitches out on my breast and they put steri-strips on them. When I got those removed my left boob healed fine and I have sensation in my nipple. My right breast is another story. My incision did not close up all the way. Thank goodness I did not have an infection. I use the red soap that the hospital gave me to wash my boobs and I was told to put Neosporin on it with a band aid. The incision finally healed up and I saw Dr. Cortes this past week. He said we will wait 6 months to see if I would need a scar revision which I am fine with since it is a procedure that can be done in the office.

ONE THING THAT I FORGOT TO TELL YOU WAS DO NOT USE ANY FIRST AID TAPE TO TAPE THE GAUZE ON YOUR BOOBS! When I got out of the hospital I took the plasting dressing off of my boobs as the hospital staff instructed. I bought gauze & clear first aid tape. Well no one told me not to use the tape on my boobs. I taped the gauze so that it could stay in place and when I took off the tape it literally peeled off my skin! Eekk! The scab looked super gross but it eventually fell off & Dr. Cortes said it would eventually heal, so I am using ScarAway gel to help.

Fast Forward to 6 weeks post op today!

Ok so now I am 6 weeks post op.

I have not found a review in here of someone who has stretch marks on their boobs & got implants. I have stretch marks on my boobs since I was little due to rapid weight gain & loss...damn puberty! Well the shape of my boobs now look great compared to before but those stretch marks don't go away. I'd like to think they look lighter & better. As for my scars, my left boob is well but my right boob is still in a rough place.
The band aid looking thing is a Scar Away silicone patch I cut & placed over the scab I had.

My waist is not as defined as I would like but Dr. Cortes did his part, its now my turn to work out (but not lose weight) & tighten everything. I am happy with how I look today and my ass is huge! I went to mall & finally found some jeans and my ass sticks out like crazy! I am not use to the attention so please prepare yourself for all of the stares and whispers.

My bruising is pretty much gone except for very little in between my thighs. I am still using my Arnica lotions and even use Palmers Stretch mark oil when massaging my stomach. I had lots of fluid and bumps and the fluid down but not gone. The majority of the lumps are gone except for a few next to my belly button.

Patience is key to this procedure. I didn’t even look in the mirror at my body for the first 4 weeks. I know I needed to give my body time to heal.

At 3 weeks I did get a lymphatic massage and it really helped. I was limping when I walked and after that I felt that I was walking normal. I was ok with one massage and do not feel it is necessary to go back for more especially since they are pretty pricey.

Right after surgery I was put in a XL garment, 2-3 weeks later I was put in a Large garment & this past week I was given a Medium garment. On 3/17/15 I was at 191 lbs and my measurements currently are 43-33-47.

I finally found jeans and I recommend you do not buy jeans until you are in your 3rd garment at least. You see people post pics of their jeans but when you need some you need to know what kind did they buy, where and how much. I will post probably next week the jeans I found that went over my ass unless there is a demand for me to post before then.

Also, I live in Houston and would love to find a workout buddy. I always want to go on the weekends but my boyfriend never does. I have access to a gym at my work building in the Greenway plaza area. If you want to meet up to work out message me direct. Thanks!

More pics

I can finally sit!!! 12 wks post op!!

Hallelujah my 3 months are up & I can finally sit like a normal person!! Might not seem like a big deal for most but anyone who has had a BBL knows this is a big day! I uploaded pics of me this morning & I know I still need to post about the jeans....its coming I promise!!

Jeans after a BBL

Finding jeans after a BBL is a struggle! I have such a hard time finding jeans that go over my ass! So far I have founds jeans from Express & bebe that fit so I thought I would share w my fellow BBL sisters. Please let me know if there are other brands out there that fit over a big butt.

Waist Training!!

I found Curve it Up aka Fajas Bonita in Houston & got myself a waist trainer! This is Faja heaven & thought I would share for anyone looking for a waist Trainer or new garments!

The Good, the bad & the ugly-6 mo post op

So today marks my six month since my surgery. I wanted to provide you ladies an update of everything that has gone right and everything that has gone wrong. I have uploaded pics and now I'm in need of a breast scar revision and lipo revision.
I have already met with another doctor who quoted me $5,800 for the revisions. The other doctor told me that when dr. Cortes did the lift somehow my areola was sewn down the vertical scar which is why it's really dark but I am not sure why the rest of my areolas were butchered. The other dr also assured me that I have enough skin to cut all of that nastiness off and do new scars. I will be going to get other quotes and opinions just to make sure that I make the right choice but at this moment I'm leaning towards going to DR to get everything fixed. I eill not be going back to Dr Cortes for revisions bc when I met with him two to three months ago he said that there was no issue and no reason to do a scar revision on my breast, so that told me right then and there he's not the one who's going to be able to fix me if he doesn't even see there ia a problem in the first place. He kept telling to give myself time to heal but there's no way any of this is going to fix itself! My stomach is completely uneven, I do watch what I eat and I do also work out but it doesn't seem to make a difference. My ass looks great but I paid the price with my stomach & breast! Ladies becareful when going to Dr. Cortes & if you do go to him make sure you have another $5k saved up to pay for revisions because you will need it!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cortes will give you the projection you never had but you will pay the price of getting the rest of your body butchered! The wait times are ridiculous, plan to waste at least an 1 1/2 hours (even w an appt) to see the dr for 10 mins. The staff is not helpful at all, very disorganized and overall dissapointing follow up care.