DONT DO IT, ETS Surgery. Houston, TX

If you have hyperhydrosis of the hands and feet...

If you have hyperhydrosis of the hands and feet dont get ETS surgery. My story is I have always had sweaty hands and feet. I used to hate shaking hands or writing a report in school because the paper would be soaked. Holding hands in prayer in church was awfully embarrassing. Back in 2003 I researced online about sweaty hands and feet and came across ETS Surgery. I lived in Houston and Jim Garza specialized in this. He didnt explain anything about this being the last option or any other things that could help. I was 22 at the time and had my parents with me and it seemed like right thing to do. He told me a very small percentage of people have side affects. This is where he lied. 100% of ETS Surgery will have compensary sweating and it is irreversible. You can not go back once you get this done. With that said I was great for about 1-2 years after the surgery. I had no sweaty hands or feet and could even go danceing with out sweating. Then my sweating slowly came. Not only on my hands and feet but everywhere. My face, chest, back, legs, groin, arm pits. Before I would always wear shoes and socks and avoid shaking hands. It sucked but I managed. Now days with my face and chest/back sweating I cant hide it. I wish only my hands and feet where sweaty. Not only is sweating a problem but my body thermostat does not work. I get hot and cold flashes daily and have a big issues with night sweating which I never sweated at night before. I hope this helps someone out there to know hands and feets sweating does suck big time but it could be your whole body like me.
Jim Garza

He did not tell me about other options other then surgery. Told me low percentage of bad side effects. He was sued for ETS surgery and lost and no longer provides this service. Could not file a lawsuit because of the 2 year statute of limitations in Texas.