My New Nose is Everything I Ever Wanted - Australia

One day I woke up and looked at myself in the...

One day I woke up and looked at myself in the mirror and realised I hated my nose; it was too big. The easiest way to describe my feelings is that it was like waking up every morning and going to bed every night with something on my face that wasn't mine - it shouldn't have looked the way it did; it wasn't my nose. For the next 3 years I was self-conscious about how I looked - whether I had a face full of makeup on or nothing at all. I was always thinking about how big my nose was and how big it must've looked to other people - I couldn't focus on what I was doing sometimes because all I was thinking was "oh, God, it must look huge". So, I finally decided (and found the courage) to fix it. Dr. Damien Grinsell works at Horizon Plastic Surgery in Essendon, Melbourne, Australia. He was wonderful from the very beginning. He talked me through the process from the surgery, to the recovery, to how it would be a year later. I, as many people do, took photos I found on Google to show him how I would like my nose to look, but trust me when I say I didn't need to because my nose is better than I could've ever imagined. I knew I'd be happier after doing the surgery, but it's more than that: thanks to how perfectly Grinsell shaped my nose, I spend most days not wearing makeup because I'm so confident. It looks natural, it's not too thin, and it doesn't give me the "pig" look.
I also had a deviated septum which meant my breathing wasn't too good and I always had a runny nose; now, I never have to run to get a tissue, or hide one up my sleeve. Grinsell did both the rhinoplasty and fixing of my breathing in one procedure.
The recovery was better than I thought it would be - but this always varies depending on the individual. I had little bruising and in all honesty no pain. Grinsell and the nurses at Horizon were comforting and professional through the process of removing the bandages and the aftercare/follow up appointments. You won't be disappointed when you're in the hands of Dr. Damien Grinsell.