Loved my Microneedling!!! - Hopewell, NJ

I have done peels in the past and wanted to try...

I have done peels in the past and wanted to try something different after talking about microneedling with Shannon at my doctors office. She was very knowledgeable!! I bought a series of 3 and received a 4 th for free. I think the normal cost is about 275 for each one. First she applied the numbing cream for about an hour. The process was painless. She does 3 different levels of course I did the strongest wanting the most results. I have to admit the first day I was extremely red and swollen lumps all over and it made me a little nervous. I called the office and they assured me this was normal and some people are more sensitive to it. That night I applied a mask she had given me and it really helped with cooling my face. The next morning I had to go to work. Of coarse I was a bit embarrassed but no one really noticed till I pointed it out to them. I am a hair dresser and my clients love when I do these crazy treatments and want to hear all about them anyway!! By the second morning when I woke up all the swelling had gone away and I was slightly pink. I also started to flake a lot especially around my mouth and chin. The following two days more flaking but my skin feels so smooth. More so than my usual Doctor peels from skin medica . I have 3 more treatment spaced 5 to 6 weeks apart. I think I am gonna love my face when I am done. I did mainly for firming and some small scars and I see improvement already. I have read a lot of bad reviews on this and it is what made me want to write this review. I almost canceled my appointment because of all the negative comments. I really feel this is something that needs to be done in a Doctor office by a highly trained professional. I used Shannon at Dr Tuma s office in Hopewell NJ. I can t say enough about how professional she is. I even received a phone call after the weekend to see how I managed over the weekend. If you are debating whether or not to do this I hope this positive review helps. I didn t take pictures but will try to do it with my next appointment in February and post before and after !

2 nd treatment update

I went today for second treatment. Before I went took some Benadryl because I did get a lot of hives or welts not sure what they were but I had them the first and second day. The third day they were gone. Since I do have to work tomorrow I figured I would give it a shot. She also used more vitamin c for my redness I did not get many hives this time. I am still red but feel I tolerated it much better this time. I am posting some pics as I promised. I did forget to take before pics. Hopefully I will remember to take some before pics next time. I am going March 25 for the 3 rd one. I am very swollen and face feels warm. Honestly I would never leave my house looking this way.
Shannon

Dr Tuma is the best he is very conservative and honest! Shannon does all the skin care I just love her she knows her skin! She loves what she does and has many years experience makes you feel very comfortable.