Had Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift, Lipo and BBL After Weight Loss - Honolulu, HI

Hello all. I am a 32 year old female. I grew up...

Hello all. I am a 32 year old female. I grew up morbidly obese until the age of 24. I have lost a total of 85 lbs and started training for a bodybuilding competition. Unfortunately for me I have been unable to compete yet because I had so much lose skin that didn't respond to diet and exercise. I also had to have a hysterectomy at the age of 17 due to having a tumor. I had a vertical incision that was hideous and my belly button looked like a frown face. I finally decided to start looking for somewhere to get my tummy tuck. In my planning I also decide d to get a medial thigh lift and a BBL. While deployed I did my research and had an appointment set up for my consultation before I even made it back to the state. Monday was the day I had my procedures done and I must say, I am SOOOOOOO HAPPY with my tummy tuck and medial thigh lift. My BBL didn't come out well at all and I am very disappointed about it. My doctor told me that I didn't have enough fat to get the size butt I wanted but said he was aiming to put 500cc per cheek. Well he was only able put 175cc per cheek which makes no difference what so ever. The tummy tuck is awesome and well worth the price. My PS was able to give me my belly button back and my incision is very low and very straight (I don't have a very jagged scar like I have seen on some). My inner thigh lift is amazing as well. I am so glad that I decided to get that as well. My PS was able to get all the lose skin from my inner thighs and I now have a nice gap between my legs :-) He put my incision in the crease of my groin area and connected it with my tummy tuck scar. It too is a very clean scar and eventually will fade and won't even be seen. All in all I am happy with my PS and the work he did however, I am not liking my BBL and hope that there is something he can do to correct it.

Drains came out today OMG!

OMG I got my drains taken out today and that crap HURT! My doctor gave me a shot in the vajayjay to numb the area because after he removed the drains he had to stitch the holes. Man that needle sticking me repeatedly in the vagina hurt so bad I cried. My hubby felt bad for me, you could see it all over his face. I am so glad that is over. I still have stitches in my groin from my medial thigh lift. Those won't come out for another week. The doc said that since there is more tension on that area that he has to keep the stitches there a little longer. I am super swollen though, which was to be expected, so I don't like looking in the mirror at myself just yet. My hubby has been doing a phenomenal job taking care of me. I

What did I do?

As the days go by and the pain and swelling continues I have thought to myself "what did I do to myself?" I have to keep reminding myself to remain positive and that this is all just temporary. I think that it's natural to want to go through a procedure and just instantly see perfection when you look in the mirror but unfortunately it doesn't happen like that. The healing process is definitely draining me mentally. My husband has been waiting on me hand and foot and I guess I am a woman with so much pride that I I won't tell him if I need help. I have been trying to do everything on my own no matter how much it hurts to do it. I hope tomorrow is a better day for me but I will say today has been hard on me mentally.

Some pre weight-loss and tummy tuck photos

Not so bad today but not that great

Today was my first day alone...dun dun dun! My husband went back to work today and I was left to fend for myself. Everything went okay. I slept most of the day because of my pain pills and then got up to cook my husband some dinner and make myself some spinach and egg whites. I have come to realize that I cannot stand for too long because my back begins to HURT BAD! I am sure it is because I am still walking hunched over so there is just too much stress on my back. But I would just do what I could in the kitchen, go sit down on my bed and then go back in to finish. I also took a shower by myself today :-) It was pretty easy and satisfying not having to wait on my husband to help me shower. He probably won't be a happy camper when he gets home and finds out that I did it by myself. He thinks that I am trying to be too independent too soon but hey. I find that I am in the most pain during the night while I am sleep. I woke up at 0300 having to pop another pain medicine. I am trying to hold off taking another one but feel like I need one now :'-( I don't know how long most of you take your pain medicine for but I am trying to slowly stop taking them because I still have not gone number 2 (it's been 5 days). My doc gave my hubby an over the counter suppository to take so I can go :-[ Anyway, I still hate looking in the mirror Grrrrrr. I look a lot worst now then I did Monday morning when I walked in to have surgery.. I really hate looking at my inner thighs. When I was recovering the day of surgery the incision mark looked really good and the way he was able to give my vajayjay a lift looked really good. BUT now with all the swelling setting in my inner thighs and vajayjay looked deformed to me *tears* I know it will all settle into place and look beautiful eventually but hey it's still really hard on me mentally. Well I hope you all have a happy recovery day (for those that have had their procedures done), happy surgery day (for those that happen to be getting surgery in the next few days) and happy researching (for those of you still contemplating your procedure) . I really hope my updates are helping someone :-)

In need of a new compression garment

I want to purchase another compression garment but I do not have a clue where to get it or which ones are the best (comfort, price, durability etc). Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks dolls!

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus....PLEASE DELIVER ME FROM THIS EVIL....

So I guess the stories I've read on here are true :-( Those horrible, horrible stories....CONSTIPATION UGH! So there I was sound asleep when I was awaken at 300 am from a terrible pain. When I woke up I realized I had the normal uncomfortable, burning sensation on some parts of my incision, no biggie. However, the longer I laid there I realized, no this pain is different. I felt somewhat nauseous, bloated, cramps etc. So I get up out of the bed to go to the bathroom and I sit there thinking "okay, today may be the day" UM NO! All I did was tinkled and was so upset. My stomach still hurt and I know that I had to go but it just doesn't want to come out. I go back into my bed and lay there but the pain and cramps just kept getting worse. I eventually had so much pain and cramping I wobbled back to the bathroom and was determined to just sit there until something groundbreaking happened. OH how the cramps got worse and worse as I sat there. I felt a lot of rumbling in my tummy and I though okay this is it, relief is on the way. I'm doing it, I'm doing it, I thought to myself. And then. PUFF! Some damn gas came out, no number 2, no more then just one puff of air and my stomach still hurts. I was livid. So I figured I would take a fiber supplement to help the laxative pills, that I took the night before, out a little bit. I grabbed my fiber, hunched over the counter in the kitchen for like 10 mins debating with myself on whither or not I should take it because fiber causes more gas and bloating until you do the doo. I finally gave in and took a serving of fiber. I will keep you all posted on if it works or not but I am telling you that the stories you read about constipation and the pain and agony they cause are TRUE! It HURTS plain and simple. It causes a lot of discomfort, bloating etc. all the things you don't need after already being swollen, in pain etc. Hopefully today my Lord will "Deliver me from this EVIL" happy healing y'all!

*Sings Dora song* I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, HURRAY, YEAH I DID IT!

Here is a super fast update to the update. As soon as I was done typing my previous update ^ I did it! Number 2! Man it feels good not to have all the extra bloating and cramping :-) God is GOOD ALL THE TIME! Happy healing!

One week post surgery

Yesterday marked my first week post op and I couldn't be any happier. My results are amazing despite the extreme swelling. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. I am almost standing completely upright which I thought would never happen when I felt how tight my stomach was right after surgery. At any rate my stitches came out 3 days post surgery but I still have my stitches in my inner thighs (remember I had a medial thigh lift as well). Right now things don't look as aesthetically pleasing however, I know that once I heal, my scars become lighter, and the swelling goes down everything will be perfect. My inner thighs look so much better so I don't regret the inner thigh lift. My PS even told me that after about 6 months I won't be able to see the scars in my inner thigh which is AWESOME. Well I will post some 1 week pics in a second :-)

1 Week post op pics

Side by side comparison

pic

Got some more stitches out yesterday

I don't really have much of an update. My healing process in going well. My doc took some more of my stitches out yesterday and I should get the stitches in my legs and bum taken out on Thursday. I am still super swollen which I don't like :-( It makes me not want to look in the mirror but I know everything will look FANTASTIC once the healing process is done. I did workout today. I am two weeks post op and I walked on the treadmill (very slow) for 30 mins and then took my dog for a walk. It was nice to do something since I'm used to lifting weights for bodybuilding and now I can't do anything. At least I have a treadmill to do something. Well about to take a nap.

Just a few 2.5 post op pics

I have an appointment in a few hours and I am PRAYING that my Doc takes my stitches out of my inner thigh. I am so over this poking from the stitches LOL! Anyways just wanted to share some progress pics. I am still swollen (of course). I look even more swollen because I had liposuction of my flanks, inner thighs, and entire back so with all of that I am swollen 365 :-( Oh well I am happy and still fine LOL!

Finally free of my stitches

So I just got back from my appointment and I got all the stitches in my bum and inner thigh taken out (picture my husband took attached LOL). It wasn't that bad but because I had my stitches in for so long, my body healed over them so some of the stitches hurt coming out (you'll be able to tell by my face in my picture). Now my butt feels more sore and swollen then it did before. I mentioned to the nurse, who toke my stitches out, that my left butt cheek has been hurting a lot more lately, especially at night, and she told me it's because I am starting to get my feeling back. She told me to try sleeping on my side since it hurts and is so uncomfortable to sleep on my back but it's uncomfortable to sleep on my sides too. :'-( I really want to be able to sleep on my stomach. At any rate, the doc says my healing is going well and told me that I look beautiful. He says he's not just saying that because he did the work but because it's true and I believe him. I showed my bodybuilding coach my progress pics and even he was like WOW! He told me that my stomach was so tight and he loved my results. He said my doctor did "a damn good job" which of course made me feel great. I got cleared to start walking on the treadmill but I have been doing that this week anyway so I am super happy about that. Well that's all I have for now. Sorry for rambling and being all over the place.

Oh I forgot

One last thing. I told my doctor that my scar on the left side of my inner thigh migrated down slightly. My right side is perfectly in my groin area to the point that you will not know that I had a thigh lift unless you are my husband or an OBGYN (you get the point) but my left one is not in my groin as good as the right. So he told me WITHOUT hesitation that if in 6 months the scar moves down anymore then he will go in and anchor the scar back up in my groin area on his dime :-) That's just one of the small things I LOVE about my PS. He didn't take offense to my concern and he even concurred with me. As of right now the scar can still be covered up by panties but it would be nice to have it stitched in the crease of my leg. So we will see if I will need a scar revision but I LOVE my PS and would recommend him to ANYBODY! He has the best bedside manner I have ever seen. My husband and I were talking about Dr. S on the way home today and I mentioned that the doctor that did my breast implants in Wichita KS didn't even have a bedside manner as good and my husband said he can't even remember my PS in KS. I looked at him and said that's my point LOL! Don't get me wrong my other PS's work was great but nothing compared to Dr. S

Happy Valentines Day

So today I'm 18 days post op and still hella swollen and I was able to wear a size 6 dress comfortably. I'm on my way to dinner with my hubby no compression garment or anything. I'm feeling real good about myself right now lol.

It's been a month already

Man I can't believe it's been a month already. I'm still really swollen below my belly button, flanks, and back (where the lipo was done) but it's getting better day by day. Yesterday I was playing around in some clothing and put on a crop top and liked what I was looking at :-) once this swelling goes away you won't be able to keep me out of crop tops lol . other than that no real big update. I'm still working out and just waiting on the okay to start weight training so I can start my contest prep Yessss!

playing dress up

2 months post op and feeling great!

So I don't have much of an update but I am now 2 weeks post op and feeling great. I am really flat however, I get very swollen after a few hours especially where I had my muscle repair. That area swells and bulges after exercise, by the end of the day or if I get full. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm going to talk to my doctor about it. I also have a small who on my incision were an internal stitch "spit" out. It's been there for about four weeks and it's still not closing. My doctor has me packing it with guase so it doesn't get infected. It doesn't hurt but it's just a nuisance to have to pack it.

My results almost 2 years later

So after almost 2 years post surgery, I finally competed in my first bodybuilding competition. Getting my tummy tuck has always been something I've wanted to do since losing weighthe but once I decided to compete in bodybuilding I goty tummy tuck. Dr. S is by far the best docotr for tummy tucks. I definitely am happy with my decision to go through him.
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

My PS is a very sincere person and he is very passionate about his work. From the first day I met him he impressed me. When I walked into his office he looked at me and said "you're beautiful" (blushing LOL). He was very thorough with his explanations on the procedures and made sure that I had a full understanding of everything and I wanted done and gave me realistic expectations. I would recommend Dr. S to anyone in the Honolulu HI area looking to get plastic surgery. Even after my surgery my doctor and his staff were excellent at getting back to me with any questions or concerns that I had. My husband even had to call my doc on a Sunday to get another prescription for pain medicine and Doc. S was able to call in another prescription from another island (Maui I think) and then once he got back to my island (Oahu) he called me later that day to follow up and make sure that I am doing better. He is really the BEST doctor that I have had the pleasure to meet, and have perform his work of art on me.