30's, Two Kids, Full Time Job, Wife... Ready to Feel Great Again - Honolulu, HI

So.... I am 33 years old, have a wonderful...

So.... I am 33 years old, have a wonderful husband, two great kids, and a full time job. I researched many PS before I had a consult with Dr Schlesinger. He is the only one with 100% positive reviews!! He is THE BEST!
I had my consultation about a month ago and just love my dr!! He made me feel so at ease in such an awkward situation. His staff is all very kind and knowledgeable. Jenna has been my saving grace. I think I have emailed her at least a million times with different questions regarding EVERY aspect of my surgery, and she has answered every single one timely and with compassion.
My surgery is going to cost approximately $21k for a TT, lipo of the flanks and back, and then lipo of my tummy three months after initial procedure. I will also get ultrasound treatments after and laser treatments for the scar. I am so incredibly nervous! HAHAHA I am hoping to post throughout my journey with all of you! This site has been k credible in helping me, I hope to help someone else! Stay tuned!! ????
I will post some of my "before pics"!

PreOp Aapointment

Soooo.... today was my PreOp appointment and I feel so reassured and excited! I am an over thinker and worry about everything, also known as a catastrophic thinker! Lol Dr Schlesinger has made it a point to make sure that I am as comfortable with my procedure as possible! And Jenna was amazing again, as usual. I met one of the nurses today at the surgery center, Amy, and she seemed just as nice! I could not be happier with my choice to have this done at THIS office!! Soon I will be on the flat side!!

More PreOp pics

So, I've started my DMSO spray. I'm getting so incredibly nervous for my upcoming surgery!! Like legit want to throw up I'm so nervous!! I hope I get amazing results!! Anyone else get unbelievably nervous right before their surgery??

Surgery day

I went in yesterday morning for my surgery! Everything went FANTASTIC!! Dr Schlesinger is AMAZING! He is so compassionate and understanding, I wish I could make him pocket size and bring him home with me. The nurse that stayed over night with me was phenomenal as well! I'm. Or quite 24 hours out from surgery but the pain is not at all what I expected! The only thing that hurts is when I cough. I can get up and walk to the restroom by myself! Thursday I will get my staples, stitches, and drains out!

Surgery day

Wednesday morning

I am staying on top of my pain meds, I really don't want to feel what this could be like without them. I've decided I will take them around the clock until Friday, then I will try switching to a non narcotic pain medicine. My back is pretty sore from sleeping in the recliner and walking bent over, I'm hoping when they take the stitches and staples out on Thursday they will give me the ok to start walking upright again!! I haven't really seen myself in a mirror yet, but when we change my gauze and put ointment on my incision site everything looks so good! I can't believe how much better this went than I thought it was going to be.

Coughing is a killer!!

I have a slight cough, and it is about to be my undoing! It hurts tremendously when I have to cough. Other than that, the pain is definitely bearable. I was prescribed Percocet, take 1-2 tabs every 4 hours as needed for pain. I only take one. My incision looks remarkable considering it was just a couple of days ago!! I feel fantastic about my decision to do this. It is literally changing my life day by day. I'll post more pics tomorrow after everything is removed! My compression garment is my favorite piece of clothing right now too!!

Post Op appointment

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. S and his staff!! I went in today and had three drains, stitches, and staples removed. It wasn't the most comfortable I have ever been, but Sissy and Amy were so compassionate and understanding!
Dr. S came in and took a look and said everything looks great so far. I had to have three staples put in place where they removed the drains (totally normal), and will go back Saturday to have those removed. My back is very tired from walking hunched over, but I just know it will be worth it!
Even being this soon into my recovery, I still am 100% certain I made the right decision in doing this surgery with Dr. S. I would never have been able to do it with any other Dr. His whole staff is simply amazing!! If you are on the island and are thinking about ANY kind of cosmetic surgery, just go see Dr. S!!!

Two updates in one day!!

My hubby just helped me change my dressing for the last time today. My incision seriously looks amazing! My belly button is so cute too! I'm so happy I did this, but I'm noticing that my emotions are kind of all over the place. No regrets at all, but every time I take my CG off I get so scared that something is going to happen. Like super scared. So weird. Anyone else experience this? Almost like hormonal mood swings. I hope this passes soon. My husband goes back to work on Tuesday, I really don't want him to! Lol he has been a saving grace through this!! These pics are from my last dressing change of the day.. the sides look funky because of the way I'm sitting and hunching over.

I am miserable!!

I feel awful tonight! I'm super swollen, cannot get comfortable, can't sleep... it's horrible!! Everyone says at about 5 days out the worst of it peaks... I sure hope this goes down ASAP!!

8 days post op

Last night was a little rough... hard to get comfortable. I finally fell asleep around one am.
This morning I woke up feeling pretty good. I'm standing up pretty straight and am no longer taking any of the prescription pain meds. They were making me so incredibly sick. OTC Tylenol from here on out, especially since my pain is really close to zero.
Pain- the only pain I have is from swelling pressure points. Example: if I'm sitting on the couch my back hurts because the lower is still very swollen. The part that is in contact the most with the couch hurts.
All of this is normal post op discomfort. So, I'm pretty sure I'm healing nicely. I'm hoping when I see the dr on Thursday I can remember some of the questions I have for him. He is very compassionate, but very busy, so hopefully I can remember my questions before he leaves the room! I'll add photos shortly!!
Happy healing ladies!!

9 days post op

This is my life right now. Sitting on the couch. Watching TV. Bored out of my mind. I can get up and move around a lot more now, but I am forcing myself to take it easy so that I can go back to work on Monday!!
This morning I got up and let the dog out, got my children up, fed, and dressed. Hubby came home and took the kids to work. I am now EXHAUSTED!! I don't know how I'm going to make through work next week!!

Day 13

So yesterday and today I have been able to move around REALLY well! Yesterday, however, my belly button started leaking. A lot. I called my dr and he said I probably had fluid build up from surgery and it's finding it's way out through there; it's not a big deal, but he would like to put some iodoform gauze in there tonight. So I will be going into the office this evening to have that done! I'm so glad I have Dr Schlesinger as my dr!! He is coming in on a Sunday night to help me in a non emergent situation because I go back to work tomorrow! It's seriously no wonder he was voted Hawaii's not compassionate dr!!
I finally got to see myself this morning standing up, with no compression garment, for the first time since surgery!! ???? I cannot believe the difference! I'm still super swollen, but so much better than I was!!

Two Months post op

Well, I'm about two months out now and feel amazing!! My belly button is FINALLY healing the way it should and I should be able to go swimming soon!! ???? I love my new tummy!!
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon