36 Year-old Male Gynecomastia- Glandular Tissue Removal and Liposuction to the Chest - Honolulu, HI

In my mid 20s I first noticed the signs of...

In my mid 20s I first noticed the signs of gynecomastia. Fast forward to a decade later and I started to notice irritation and tenderness, especially in my left chest area. I could feel a small lump right behind my nipple and got it checked out with my primary care physician. I had a mamogram performed to rule out any breast cancer and was informed that I have "Gynecomastia"- glandular tissue that is more prominent in my left pectoral area than my right.

The photo which I am submitting as my "before" photo is the photo I saw that really inspired me to take action. I was ready to address the tissue growth as it grew noticeably larger as years went by. I decided to see Dr. Ching after visiting with other doctors and reading other positive reviews online. I wanted to have minimal scarring and Dr. Ching provided me with the best surgical plan. He explained that the incisions would be hidden within the nipple and areola area.

Surgery was done under local anesthesia and pain medication & antibiotics were prescribed. The nurse advised and staff had it together and they explained everything to me thoroughly. They also gave me something to reduce bruising and swelling during the recovery process. I was advised that they would send my tissue sample to the lab as a routine precaution to rule out any abnormalities. I was instructed to take off several days to 1-week and was given a compression wrap to wear after surgery. (I actually was given two- one to wear and one to wash. My recovery went as expected, and the worst part was only the first 24 hours. The day after surgery I could already see an improvement even with the swelling. By day three, I was weening myself off my pain meds. I will update my results with more photos to come. Posted today is my before photo, one day post op and 2 week post op pictures. By two weeks, my range of motion and the tenderness in my chest improved. I go in for a 1 month follow-up today and will update more.
Dr Ching

Excellent bed side manner. I would recommend anyone to come to Dr. Ching for their cosmetic surgery. His level of care and skill is at the highest level.