23 Year Old, Rhinoplasty with Chin Implant Peri Pyriform Implant - Honolulu, HI

I'm here in Hawaii and I want to achieve a...

I'm here in Hawaii and I want to achieve a more defined look. I believe I'm beautiful, it's just something I've always wanted. I can't help but be nervous. I keep watching videos and the thing I'm mostly afraid of is pain. I guess I will be posting my journey on here for the next couple of weeks. I hope that my story will help those of you who are nervous, or just need general guidance throughout the process.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant Day 2 Post-OP

So I got the surgery done on Wednesday and I totally don't even remember going into the room. The nurses were extremely nice and silly. I was full of nerves. All I remember is waking up in a wheelchair and getting in a car. I had an implant placed in both my mouth and chin and both implants were required to go in through my mouth. So when I woke up my mouth had a lot of blood. It kind of freaked me out. Other than that. Pain is normal and I'm more worried about the way I look more than anything.

Day 4 :) Making some progress

So today I had the packing and some stitches taken out of my nose. This was the worst part of my entire surgery. I'm so not a fan of pain, so this could be why. It was only for a matter of 3 seconds of pain and I just let my nerves get the best of me. The stitches didn't hurt it was just the packing material inside of my nose. Dr. Schlesinger was extremely patient with me though. I appreciate him to the fullest. He was also very gentle and amusing to help me cope with the pain.

Anyway, other than that everything has been normal and I'm so over the pain meds. I keep having these weird dreams, but it could be because my caregiver keeps on leaving CSI Miami on while I'm asleep. lol I took some more photos to show you guys my progress and some older pics of me to see a little bit of the difference. (swelling in the chin and under my eyes)

older photo

10 days Post Op

10 days Post Op
I believe this is one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'm in love with my nose so far. My doctor had taken the splint off of my nose a couple of days ago and I was kind of freaked out. He was really happy with his work that he had called everyone into his office to see what he had done. But I really didn't like the way I looked at first. My nose was pointy and the person I was looking at in the mirror looked nothing like me. I was actually disappointed that I had gotten the surgery! But boy was I COMPLETELY wrong! My doctor knew exactly what he was doing and he had assured me that I would start to see changes in the next couple of weeks, especially when the swelling had gone down. Luckily a lot of my swelling left in a matter of days and I began to love his work and everything he had promised me. I'm saying this to say, if you're getting rhinoplasty, patience is a virtue and definitely choose a doctor that you can trust! Dr. Schlesinger is amongst the best plastic surgeons I have ever heard of and I am so grateful for him and how much he has changed my life.

2 Weeks and 2 days

ARNICA, is my new best friend! Helps with swelling and very natural! 300c is what I've been using.

2 months post op

I'll post more pics soon
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

I've always wanted surgery on my nose, but I was always afraid of actually going through with it. I've gone to multiple consultations, hoping that I'd actually feel comfortable enough to let any doctor perform such an extreme surgery on me. Then I met Dr. Schlesinger.. Ah-Ma-Zing! I didn't know him of course from a can of paint, but before my surgery, him and his staff welcomed me with open arms. So I set out to trust him and his judgement. Rhinoplasty! The surgery where everyone can't see your beauty at first and where you're the most self conscience individual on the planet. With all of my insecurities, the Dr. Schlesinger made me feel as beautiful as I can be. He reminded me constantly that the ugly stages wouldn't last long, and he was so happy about my nose everytime he'd seen it, that I'd began to see his vision. I was still terrified, but I had faith. In the end, he was right! My nose is amazing! But it took trust, faith, and Dr. Schlesinger to make my dreams come true!