36 Yr Old, Never Had Braces, Trying Invisible Liners to Straighten Teeth

My dentist has been trying me to get me into...

My dentist has been trying me to get me into invisalign for years and I've put it of because of the cost. During my last visit, he almost convinced me to start them but I chose to wait until my next visit because I wanted to do some more research. While browsing the internet, I came across smile direct (care) club. I found quite a few reviews so I kept digging. Alot of good reviews and some not so good, mostly about their customer service. But then I checked them out on Facebook. It seems like people are getting alot better customer service there so I did a little more searching around. I decided you can't make everyone happy all the time and with mostly good results, ordered my eval kit 3/31/16. Found a coupon code with groupon and only paid $59. I sent my photos in and had approved results on 4/1. They sent a confirmation email saying my impression kit had been shipped 4/2 and I received it 4/9. Took my impressions the next day and mailed them back today, 4/11. Now to sit and wait for my starter trays and my aligners. I have pretty crooked bottom teeth and am hoping for good results. My top teeth are a little crooked. I'm not sure if they'll recommend the 1400 plan or the 1900 plan but either way, that's a fraction of the price for invisaligners. I'll post an update once I receive my trays! Good luck to anyone signing up too. So far my process has been good, no complaints at all. And not having to make countless trips to the dentist is very appealing to me!! I spend enough time there twice a year. I also heard there's a coupon code for the trays for $150 off the cost. I looked it up on smile direct club website and found BLOG150, I'll try it when I pay for my trays.

Received Starter Trays

I received my starter trays and they are a perfect fit. Getting used to wearing them is going to take some time though. I called to confirm the trays fit yesterday and by mid morning today, I received an email that my treatment plan was available and ready to purchase. When I called the rep said it may take 3-5 days to hear from them so I was pleasantly surprised to hear so soon. I have been set to the smile 20 plan, I really thought I would be because my bottom teeth are so crooked. The cost is $1500 but with the BLOG150 discount, I'll only pay $1350. So far I've talked to customer service a few times with different questions and they have been very nice a helpful. I'm totally satisfied to date and cannot wait to get my trays and get this process started!

My REAL trays have arrived

I've been put on the Smile 20 plan which means I'll be wearing a total of 20 trays over the next 14 months, one set of trays every 3 weeks. I put the first set on this morning and there is definitely pressure on my teeth but it's not bad at all. Didn't take any headache medicine but I may before bed, I do feel a slight headache but then maybe that's Monday stress! lol I paid for the entire treatment plan up front and they shipped me the first 10 trays. Once it gets closer to December, I'll receive the last 10 trays. This is going to be a huge adjustment wearing these trays 22 hours a day but I can't wait to see the outcome from them! Don't think it'll do any good to post photos for awhile, at least for the first couple of trays anyway. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress. Thanks for reading!!

September Update

I've been using Smile Direct Club braces for 5 months now and have started noticing significant changes in movement of my teeth. The first 3 months, my molars were moving so there wasn't a real physical change. The last 6 weeks or 2 trays, my front teeth are starting to move. I have worn my trays almost relugiously as they say and believe its very important to do so because after two weeks in a tray, my bite feels a bit off, but during the third week, I feel my teeth aligning good. I don't update often because this is a long process with such small changes. I will continue to update you all on my progress. I've added a photo, taken 9-22-16. If you look at my before photos, you will definitely see the gaps forming in my teeth. I still have until July 2017 before my teeth are straight but I am very happy with the progress so far!
Smile Direct Club