45 - Ultherapy; thought about it for months! So happy! Sarasota, FL

I'm excited to have this done. I've done my...

I'm excited to have this done. I've done my research and I have realistic expectations. Hoping for tightening of the jowls, though I know it takes months to see the final results. Kim Daily (PA at Holcomb Kreithen Plastic Surgery here in Sarasota) has explained exactly what will happen today. She has been very patient and kind and I'm happy to work with her. I'll keep you all posted!

procedure was painful but tolerable (with Demerol)

I had my ultherapy procedure yesterday. I had an injection of a narcotic so I was feeling pretty good, though it was still painful. The weird thing about it is that every time the energy was pulsed into my skin felt different from the last time, depending on what nerves and muscles were under the skin. Mostly I just relaxed. I'd say 10% of the pulses were painful, but really with the narcotic it was fine. I'm a bit sore this morning (the day after), but there is no bruising. I took today off from work but I certainly could have worked today without a problem.

morning after

I'm a bit swollen and sore but feeling great about the results so far!

day after photos

Here are a few photos taken this morning.

day 9

I'm happy with they way my jowls have tightened. I'm still sore and have been told this can last for another month or so. It's just a deep soreness that I only feel if I push on my face, but it tells me the Ultherapy did what it was supposed to do and now all I have to do is heal!

7 weeks since Ultherapy; 6 weeks since Halo laser; VERY HAPPY WITH BOTH! :-)

It's been 7 weeks since my Ultherapy treatment and 6 weeks since my Halo laser treatment. Sorry it took a while to post! I've been working so much and I also have adult acne and every time I found time to take a photo I wasn't happy with my blemishes. Anyway, today's a pretty good day, acne-wise, so I made time for pics. Regarding my 2 treatments last month: I am so incredibly happy with the results. When I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, I am surprised by how I look every day (in a good way, haha!). Any subtle changes, positive or negative, are significant when it comes to our own faces, and I am loving the subtle changes both treatments provided. This is what I notice: less sagging around my jowls, tightening in the cheek area, tightening of the brow, lifting of the eyelid skin, better overall texture, smaller pores, less discoloration, and a nice glow! I'm a makeup junkie but for the first time in years I'm using just a bit of mineral makeup instead of heavy foundation because I don't feel the need to cover up as much as pre-treatment. I know my results are subtle but I believe that is due to the fact that I've taken such good care of my skin for the past 25 years (sunblock every single day, rain or shine, inside or out, and daily Retin-A for the last 15 or so years). Both procedures lead to continued improvement for months, so the best is yet to come! I've been getting fillers for over 15 years and I'm due for them now, especially since the Ultherapy can degrade fillers, but I've blown my beauty budget for the year so that will have to wait until 2017! :-) I hope my reviews help some of you! Thank you for all your kindness and support!

Kim Daily is a great P.A. She is knowledgeable and kind and I've loved working with her. She works at Holcomb Kreithen Plastic Surgery and Medspa (http://www.sarasota-med.com/). She takes time to answer all my questions and explains everything in detail so I know what to expect. The whole office is very professional. I feel very comfortable with Kim Daily and everyone else who works there. Thank you all for a great experience!