38 Y/o Wife & Mother Needing to Tame my Health - Hoffman Estates, IL

In my teens and into adulthood, my weight has been...

In my teens and into adulthood, my weight has been a topic of concern- even bringing in the Army for 6 years.
I've been toying with the idea of gastric surgery for a few years... after I busted my leg (fractured knee, & ankle & ligament damage too) & losing my mother in 2012, then diagnosed with Uterine cancer in 2013 (it's gone- PRAISE GOD) my weight really needed to be put in a choke hold. So I began my Journey in Nov of 2014 going to the initial seminar, doing the required 3 months dietician visits per my insurance. Tomorrow is my last visit with the dietitian.
In the beginning I only shared this "idea" with my husband, my cousin and a few others that are close to me. I didn't want all of the extra opinions & comments.
As I've gotten further down the pathway and done more homework on the Sleeve, I've let more people into my bubble.
I'm firm in m y decision and I'm excited to move forward to a healthier me. Looking on towards longevity and happiness

6 days Post Op-- Surery was on 6/2/15

6 days post-op & I'm doing ok. Pain is not too bad! but I am craving the things that I can't have. Mourning food in a way. Just remembering what I used to eat and how it made me feel. Sometimes its a lil frustrating, but I know the end result will be worth it!

1 yr & 4 mths Gastric Sleeve Post-op

I'm feeling great! Just wish I'd done it sooner! This is the only regret that I have.
Went from a size 22 ( pushing towards a 24) & 2X shirts to now a size 12/14 & a L/XL Shirt. Looking good to get a tummy tuck later this year.
Surgery was 6/2/15