32 Year Old Awaiting Results

I haven't been the kindest to my skin over the...

I haven't been the kindest to my skin over the years. Tanning booths, constant sun and dirt exposure year round (I competitively ride horses for a living), with little regard to skin care or sun protection. I've always had some issues with my skin such a large pores, acne, some scarring and discoloration. But now as I am about to turn 33 in December, and after noticing some extreme changes in aging along, I've decided to try Profractional. I had been toying with whether or not I wanted to essentially burn my face off, but I had tried Microderm abrasion, chemical peels, etc. and I had recently invested in Botox and fillers so I thought might as well seal the deal.
It's been one day since the procedure. The nurse used a Sciton laser and made two passes, the first which I believe was a micro-laser peel(?) The second was the profractional laser and it honestly was not so bad! I used a numbing cream, and although I probably shouldn't have, took two Advil before the procedure. There was the expected redness but I wasn't quite ready for the amount of pinpoint bleeding (not sure if it is related to my usage of Advil. I am in week 5 of a broken collarbone so I had been taking it intermittently for pain). If I recall, I believe the laser depth was around 150 µm (she said she bumped it up after she saw my ability to handle the pulse so not quite sure. She "hit" the deeper scars with a bit more, but told me not to expect a great deal of change as deep scars normally require a laser at around 800µm of depth.
Today I tried my best to rinse off the blood with just water and I purchased a Avene recovery kit. I am using their Cicalfate barrier cream and am loving their water mist. As for my face, there's redness, pinpoint track marks, and a few scabby areas but overall very little discomfort (no tightness or cracking feeling). Very little pain today, if anything, slight stinging after rinsing my face. I know it's too early, but of course, it is my face and after reading reviews online, I hope everything is going as it should and I get the results I'm looking for.

48 Hours

48 hours post procedure. Still using the barrier cream since it's much more soothing/moisturizing then just the lotion. Washed my face this morning and afternoon for the first time. Still no pain, just itching, tightness, and and overall scale-y feeling. I want to stick my face in a vat full of lotion. Avoided really rubbing too much to remove the rest of the blood and the cleanser doesn't really do a good job at removing the barrier cream. The laser track marks are very prominent and I have some browning (is that normal?!)

Day 3

Going on day 3. Starting to freak out a little. There's some peeling but brown spots have persisted and the track marks are very prominent. Called the office earlier. Hoping this is "normal". My face isn't that red. Washed my face and am using Avene lotion. Was told that I could be using makeup by Sunday. Not sure if that's going to be happening...

Day 4

It's been 4 days since my treatment. I am peeling like crazy. It is taking everything in me from not rubbing the dead skin off my face (not saying that I don't rub at it here and there). I can't really wash or apply lotion in any sort of "rubbing" motion without the skin flaking off and I'm scared to really try so I've been gently patting any application on my face. My greatest concerned were the brown splotches that have been flaking off with the peeling.
The nurse called me the other day and had me text some pictures of my progress. She has assured me everything is normal, and even followed up on her personal time and welcomed any questions I had which greatly eased my mind.
I'm eager to see the final result!

One week

It's been one week today. Peeling is almost complete. Some redness but overall, I am VERY happy with the results! Smoother skin, and my pores are practically gone! The slight discoloration wasn't much affected around the nose, but that will take time along with the pinpoint marks from the laser (I was assured they will fade in a couple weeks). As for the couple of deep scars, they weren't my main concern on this round of laser and I have realistic expectations for them. I know they would require a deeper setting. I would def recommend the Sciton Profractional laser treatment, but be prepared for the healing process! It's not going to be pretty but it will be worth it.

Seemed very knowledgable. Was realistic about procedure results, answered all my questions. Didn't try to "sell" me on anything and gave me her personal number in case I should have any more questions or concerns. Scheduled for a follow up in a week. Very invested in her patients.