Dr. Steven Gabel, Portland, OR Hair Restoration

After very extensive research, I decided to go...

After very extensive research, I decided to go with Dr. Steven Gabel for my FUT procedure. Dr. Gabel instilled a lot of confidence from the moment that we met. I had also done my homework and knew that he was one of the top surgeons in the U.S. that I felt comfortable performing this procedure.

I had 2600 grafts transplanted via FUT. Dr. Gabel and his staff were timely, extremely professional and very caring. I felt very comfortable throughout the process and would highly recommend Dr. Gabel and his highly capable staff to perform this very personal and emotional procedure. Dr. Gabel doesn't try and sell you anything. He is very honest and will clearly outline what can be done given your individual circumstance. My procedure went very smoothly and I received excellent care from him and his staff. His staff alone has over 50 years of experience. Dr. Gable is not one of those Drs. that does as little as possible. He is "very" hands-on, performing the excision of the donor site, making the recipient sites and even places a lot of the grafts alongside his terrific assistants. He truly is passionate about his work and takes great pride in it. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is thinking about any hair transplant procedure.
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dr. Gabel has a confidence that puts you at ease. I had thoroughly researched and I didn't find a single negative review about him. He takes great pride in his work and performs the strip excision, the recipient sites, as well as works with his incredibly competent staff to actually place them. There aren't many doctors out there that are so "hands on". It gave me a lot of comfort that he was so invested. He also only performs one procedure per day, so you get his and his capable staffs undivided attention. I had approximately 2,600 grafts and it was a relatively painless process. The injections are really the worst part and they are simply a little prick. As I just had the procedure, obviously I don't know the full outcome, but I am pleased when I look at the top of my head and it just looks like I had a crew cut and beautifully spaced, dense and even. I can't wait to see the final result. I am 57 years old and wanted a natural look for my age with a bit of recession at the temple. Dr. Gabel was very supportive and was very straight-forward in his estimate of grafts and what could be achieved. I will try and post some pictures at a later date, but wanted to get the word out about this excellent Dr. and my great experience.