20 Years of Implants and Finally Implant Free!! - High Wycombe, GB

I first had implants 20 years ago. I wanted saline...

I first had implants 20 years ago. I wanted saline as I was worried about silicon as it was banned in the USA. The doctor talked me in to having silicon as he said it looked and felt better and was 'totally safe'. He said he put it in his own wife. Ten years later I had them removed and replaced as I knew that was the recommened lifespan. Three years later I found I had the PIP ones. I was terrified. My surgeon agreed to replace them for the hospital fee only as I also had capsular contraction. I had a scan to see if they had leaked. They hadn't but silicon had been 'bleeding' as I had it in my lympth nodes under both arms. After a further 6 years I read about the dangers they are now finding about all implants including saline. A 21 per cent higher risk of lung and brain cancer. And niw the new ALCL cancer. Having 3 children under 6 I did not want to have something which could potentially kill me early. I went to my doctor as the clinicI had the 3 ops with had gone out of business due to the PIP scare. He sent me to the hospital for a scan as I said my lympth nodes under my arms often ache badly and even the one on my right side of my neck. The scan showed my implants intact. There was silicon in my lympth nodes under my arms I aready knew about but it had travelled to my neck too. Goodness knows where else it has gone. None of my implants have leaked. This us all from particals of silicon which flakes off. I aldo had mild capsular contraction again. He very kindly told me I could have them out on the NHS. So yesterday they were taken out! I had 390cc which weighed 2 pounds. I have lost 3 inches from my chest!! It feels great to grt those toxic bolders out of me and not have to worry about them polluting my body and worse still killing me.
Mr Cunnick

All the staff were amazing and really made me feel good. He has done an amazing job. They look much better than I expected.