Too Tired of Looking Too Tired - NO MORE!

Henderson Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 21 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I was not planing to do a public review, but after...

I was not planing to do a public review, but after spending hundreds and hundreds of hours on this web-site and being very grateful to all of you who did this before me and helped me get the courage to finally do this, I decided to share my experience here. Having spent so much time on this site, I was well prepared for my procedure and knew what to expect - more or less. The only piece of the puzzle that was missing was to find a surgeon I was comfortable with. I did my research carefully, saw several local surgeons for a consultation, consulted a great surgeon in LA too, and in the end I decided to go locally with Dr. Mitchell.

I was very comfortable with Dr. Mitchell during my first consultation, but I have to admit that his office manager and assistant Laurita was also a key factor in my decision. She is a warm and compassionate lady (very pretty and classy also), quite knowledgeable and was a great support during my first few days after the procedure.

I almost chickened two weeks before my surgery but but my husband, who is also a doctor, convinced me that he was fully comfortable with Dr. Mitchell and I booked the procedure. I was completely awake, only mildly sedated and with local anesthesia. I chatted with the doctor and Laurita here and there. I even asked Laurita to take a picture of what was cut and taken out, which she did. Unbelievable! I had almost 1cm of extra skin on my upper lids, but Dr. Mitchell was conservative in his approach and I think he cut maybe 0.5 cm. I will find exactly how much he took off when I go for my stitches to be taken out.
I had upper bleph and lower transconjuctival blepharoplasty (without pinch). I will post an update after my stitches are taken out :)

***PLEASE DO NOT GET CONFUSED BECAUSE OF THE OTHER TWO PICTURES ON MY PROFILE (when I was researching what to do and looking for the right surgeon), as I had light-colored contacts in.

2 weeks after

Exactly 2 weeks post-op. Every day my eyes look a bit better. Still swollen somewhat, but it is so hard to cut out sodium completely. For the 1st week, I ate bland food, with minimal sodium, but I could not last longer than a week like that.

It turns out the doctor did not do any fat grafting/re-positioning, as believes that was not needed in my case. I really hope he is right, but we will know 100% when my swelling is down. For now, I am very pleased with the result.
I was shocked how much fat was taken out, both from under my eyes and from the upper lid (last pic).

The bruising is minimal now. One eye has just a trace of bruising left (shown in the first pic), and the other one has more bruising, but I camouflage it successfully with corrector.

Several of my friends are impressed with my results, so much that they are now looking into booking different face-improvement surgeries with Dr. Mitchell.
Henderson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very gentle doctor, light-handed, and easy going. Did not push me into anything, just listened to my concerns and took his time to answer all of my questions before we had a plan. I wish I knew earlier how easy and pretty painless it would be, as I would have done it much earlier. I am very picky, do my research super-meticulously, and I would not hesitate a second to recommend Dr. Mitchell to all of you who are looking for a great, skilled, and capable surgeon to work on your face. As I told Dr. Mitchell, if any other cosmetic surgery (breast implants, liposuction, etc) does not pan out the way we wanted, it would be bad, but it is different as it is covered by clothes; if eye surgery goes bad - it is a disaster, as our eyes are the most prominent thing on our face. No one can afford to have a bad eye job. Therefore, I searched high and low until I found the right surgeon.