21 Yrs Old, Fianlly Getting Braces for my Crowded Teeth! - Helena, MT

I've wanted/needed braces for 5 years now. I have...

I've wanted/needed braces for 5 years now. I have crowded teeth which causes me to get a lot of cavities despite good oral hygiene. I want these so my teeth feel clean and so i don't feel self conscious and i can finally smile in pictures. I chose to get traditional metal braces versus ceramic or invisalign for a couple reasons. Ceramic braces break a lot more easily and plus they cant put those on the bottem teeth only the top. Then with Invisalign its hard to fine tune your teeth so at the end i possibly might need metal braces anyways just to turn or move a few teeth. I got my braces on yesterday (11/5/15) the process took about 2 hours , after it felt so weird but no pain . I couldn't eat at all though because my top teeth hit my bottom brackets when i tried to bite down. I went back this morning and they put this blue composite on my back molars to build up my bite so i can eat without my brackets hitting together. It feels so unnatural and i still cant chew anything without it being painful. They say the composite will be on my teeth the whole treatment, which they estimate 18 months. Con is flossing . It took me over an hour yesterday to floss my teeth, i hope i get more efficient at it. I know at the end it will be worth it.

Almost 2 weeks with braces!

I have no pain, no discomfort, and i can eat like normal again. I took a picture to show there has been progress already!

Long time no post. 1 year in braces, 6 months to go.

Jackson Orthodontics

Very nice, friendly and very knowledgeable!