46 Year Old Breast Reduction & Lipo - Birmingham, AL

I had a breast reduction and lift, along with lipo...

I had a breast reduction and lift, along with lipo around the sides of my breasts. I have been wanting, and needing the surgery for years. I had about a G cup breast prior to surgery, and now am happily a small D. The difference in everyday activities is amazing, the chronic shoulder and neck pain I have suffered from for years is gone, and I now have the ability to exercise more freely. This has literally changed my life. I'm not saying the surgery was a cake-walk. The first few days were very difficult for me, the drains were very painful, it was difficult to sleep. I slept in a recliner, which made it much easier to rest, and relied very heavily on my husband during that first week especially. I took my pain pills, and followed the doctor's instructions. Everything has healed nicely over the past 4-1/2 months. I was released today! I honestly would do it again. My insurance paid for most everything, it didn't cover the lipo, but was necessary for a nice outcome. So out of pocket we spent $2800 for the lipo. The surgery for breast reduction is $6500, covered completely by my insurance.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Schaffer did a great job on my surgery. I am very happy overall with the results. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great plastic surgeon. He is to the point, and I appreciate that about a doctor. I don't want to be coddled I want to know the truth and I feel he's was very straightforward about what the outcome would be for me. I wanted a C cup, but he knew that couldn't happen and told me straight-away that wasn't possible without a total reconstruction. I appreciate very much his honestly, and especially his expertise as a plastic surgeon. I really can't say enough about how great Dr. Schaffer has been, and how wonderful the staff has been to me. Hedden Plastic Surgery and Dr. Schaffer will be seeing me again... and get a glowing review from me.