25, Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant - Hawthorn, AU

Putting this up here because this website helped...

Putting this up here because this website helped me make my decision to go ahead, and kept me company in recovery. I finally chose to go ahead with a rhinoplasty and small chin implant after wanting it for over a decade. I first visited Dr. Webster on my gp's advice five years ago, but didn't take the plunge until a second consult at the end of last year. I did visit another surgeon in Melbourne to assess, and while both were lovely, Dr. Webster came much more highly recommended and his professionalism was impressive.
The procedure itself took approximately 3 hours. The anaesthetist Dr. Webster works with is extremely gentle and really made me relax about my first time going under a general anaesthetic. I stayed in hospital overnight and was ready to go home by 10am the next morning.
By far the worst part of recovery were days 3-4, where it felt like the swelling in my jaw was making it difficult to breathe. It wasn't, I just wasn't used to the pressure, but having my mum at home and basically not leaving the couch for 5 days made that pass really quickly. I did phone the surgeon to check, and his nursing staff were great about checking back in with me over the next couple of days.
After 5 days my cast came off for the first time, though I continued to keep it on at home. It was a relief to be able to shower properly, but even after 5 days the bruising was almost completely gone, and after 1 week my swelling was minimal. It was only apparent to my family and friends that I had been swollen, when they saw me a week or two later and noticed the difference.
Really it was the best decision I've made. My confidence has improved enormously, and I absolutely love my new profile. The change is minimal - and completely reflects my surgeon's ambition to keep me looking like me, just with a smaller nose and more balanced profile.
For one week of enforced rest and what were really only 2 days of serious discomfort, it feels amazing! I still find myself running my finger over my nose to reassure myself that the hump really is gone and it's smooth and straight. So so pleased I went through with it.
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Webster was kind and careful - he never pressured me into any procedure and always suggested I think carefully about the process. He really stressed the importance of finding a natural look to fit my face rather than picking features out of a facial ikea catalogue and trying to make that work. His work was great, his staff exceptionally professional and I am so pleased I picked him.