I Did It!! 28 Yrs and Got my Tummy Tuck and MR - Harrison, NY

I wasn't going to write a review but figured 1....

I wasn't going to write a review but figured 1. This could help someone and 2. I selfishly need a way to track my progress and reflect. I've wanted a TT ever since my first son was born 4.5 yrs ago. I stalked (stress stalked) RS day and night. I was so scared to do it I dismissed it and came up with every reason it shouldn't be done????: it's too invasive, it's dangerous, is it worth risking your life yada yada yada...fast forward to now & I have another baby boy who is now 1.5 yrs and I know for sure I am done with kids. I'm down 20 lbs and have 10 more to go.
I was so scared to schedule the procedure but I had a "sign" (long story) that the procedure and results would be perfect :)
June 9th I had my TT with MR. Dr didn't think I needed lipo of flanks but said he would do "touch up" work there. Hmm I wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway...

Day one of surgery: everything went smoothly. Had a 7:30am OR time and everything went on time. I cannot say enough how friendly and nice the staff are omg!!!! The best care! I've had two c/sect and gallbladder removed- I have always experienced the worst nausea and vomiting following....not this time! I felt great. When I woke up, I remember first thinking "omg I'm not nauseous?" I had no pain either :)

PO D1-4: The pain has been minimal. It was waaay worse after my c/sect. I stopped taking pain meds yesterday. I did experience horrendous headaches two days ago. I increased my water and food intake and no more headaches. Could also be better bc I stopped meds. I cannot wait to walk straight. My number one complaint is the lower back pain from being hunched over. Thankfully the pain is relieved as soon as I sit. I also want this tight ass girdle off!! It comes off tomorrow at my first postop appt and I can't wait to see my belly!!!! I kno the girdle goes back on but even a 1 minute break will be everything.
I ended up with one JP drain. Still putting out close to 75ml/day so I know that won't be out tomorrow.
I lost my preop pics when I updated my phone after surgery, so the preop pics I have are not as accurate since they are from a yr ago :( I will add more pics after my appt tomorrow.

Bandage offfff!!!

Yaaaay got that super tight girdle off today!!! I am so relieved. I do have on a compression garment now but it's so much relief and I won't need help going to the bathroom because of the clamp on the girdle. Got my drained removed today too. Holy shit that burned- I screamed...but it was so quick thank God! I looove my incision--it is sooo straight.

Last night i started feeling down b/c mobility is so limited. But there is so much progress each day. Today I am standing slightly straighter and moving faster. After my appt today I went out for lunch with my sister. Omg that was tooooo much. I was drooling to get in the house and my recliner. But I made it and the next few days I am vowing to stay put so I dont slow down my recovery.. Next appt is in two days just to check swelling and remove belly button stitches. I am not cleared to shower until tomorrow so I will try to take a picture standing then

Shower Experience!!

I took my first shower Thurs night which was exactly 1 week from my surgery. I advise buying a peribottle. I used it every time I went to the bathroom. Anyway, worst shower ever- i thought my belly would explode! It was so uncomfortable not being in the garment. My showers after that have been way better tho. I didnt order a shower chair--just used a foldable chair. I am walking way better too...Just about straight, I would say 90%. Getting in and out of bed is not a problem. Still using recliner to sleep though. I can lay flat on my back but Im a side or belly sleeper and Im scared to sleep on my side right now.

BB Pain

Had another appt yesterday with PS. Everything looks good. Pretty much status quo.

Still swelling but its not too bad. The worst part right now is the Bellybutton pain. Physically I can stand straight, but if I stand straight for 30 seconds, the BB pain comes and I immediately hunch over to relieve it. PS wasn't concerned tho and gave me an explanation. Just hope it's resolved by the time I return to work on 6/27. Other than that I really feel good. Went for a pedi yesterday. Almost went to the mall but decided I shouldn't over do it hehe.

Oh and showering has been much easier. I bring the chair in with me just incase I need it but I didn't need it this morning...yay!

3 week update

Tomorrow will be three weeks from my surgery date. In the last week, my BB pain has resolved so I am able to stand straight now (as of 16 days post op). Went back to work on Mon which was 18 DPO. I'm a nurse at a Dr's office. I dont do much walking and my job isnt too demanding, Thank God but by 2pm ish I am a bit hunched over. Not enough for any of my coworkers to suspect anythingor ask if I am okay. Even if you feel great at home, being out and active is totally different. If any of you are able to take 3 weeks off, do it!!!
Tomorrow I am moving so hubby and I have been scrambling to pack everything. I havent been much help. We def hired movers bc I wont be lifting a thing!

My swelling is still there- wearing my abd binder/compression garment. I've yet to wake up with a flat stomach but I am okay with that. I know that it can take weeks and even with the swelling, the belly is still smaller than before :)
Dr. G