Tattoo Removal by Surgical Excision - London, GB

I got my tattoos done when I was very young and...

I got my tattoos done when I was very young and after 12 years I decided I had grown out of them so decided to have them romoved.

I chose surgical excision as it was quick (you don't need several sessions as you would with laser removal), guaranteed (laser removal doesn't always work and can leave scarring) and cheaper than several laser session.

I had a tattoo on each hip removed (not at the same time) and the procedure was a little uncomfortable despite the anesthetic. It was sore for 24 hours, after that it felt a little tender but this passed after a week. All stiched we under the skin and dissolvable, leaving me with a neat a tidy scar.

One of the tattoos was bigger (8cm x 8cm) and this had to be removed in two sessions (serial excision) about 6 months apart, as a result my skin was very tight after the final procedure. This felt a little strange, the sensation of your skin being too tight for your body, but it improved very quickly over the course of a week. However, due to my skin being so tight my scar did stretch a little. Despite this I am still very happy with the results and would recommend it to others.

Feel free to email me any questions as I am aware from when I did my research just how little info there is on this online. I'm happy to help.
Skin Clinic

The staff are always warm and friendly. Very professional and happy to help with any questions. They're more than happy for you to pop in and see them after the procedure if there is anything that you need or have any further questions. Great customer service.