Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had a rhinoplasty done with Richard Hanson last August, and my experience was great. My nose had been a cause of concern for me since I was a teenager. It was big on my face and it was sideways. I also had breathing and sinus problems because of the shape. The way it looked made me very self-conscious in my appearance and the structure caused me to have swelling of the face and difficulty breathing daily. Although I was nervous at first, when I went to my first consultation with Richard I knew I was in safe hands and he immediately put me at ease. He talked me through what would be done during the procedure, we talked about why I wanted the surgery, and he answered any and every question of mine. We set a surgery date and went from there. In the meantime Richard’s secretary Marie was on hand to help if I had any queries, which I did, and she deserves a massive thank you. Her lovely nature made visiting the hospital a very pleasant experience- these two are a dream team! I had my surgery done in the Mater Private on the 12th of August 2016 and as much as I was nervous, I was also excited. I was worried that I’d wake up post-op in a lot of pain but Richard informed me that I wouldn’t, and he was right. I experienced discomfort but I wasn’t in the horrific pain I had psyched myself up for. I spent one night in the hospital and was allowed home the following morning with antibiotics and pain killers. A week later I had my stitches removed, and again I was pleasantly surprised by how little pain I felt. In fact Richard was half way through before I even realised he had started! Since then my nose has been getting better and better each day. I have no visible scarring at all and almost all of the swelling has gone down. For anyone considering a rhinoplasty please park your fears, it is 100% worth it and I haven’t regretted my decision for a single second. I can’t recommend Richard Hanson enough. My nose used to contribute to me having low self-esteem. I now look in the mirror and feel confident, and I’ll be forever grateful to Richard for that.