ba 5/11/12 - Hampton Roads, VA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Though I have been considering BA for many years,...

Though I have been considering BA for many years, the decision was rather spontaneous. I researched surgeons, talked to many people who underwent BA surgery, and consulted with 2 docs. I consulted with the one that I chose 1 week prior to the procedure. I was told that the first opening was near the end of June. When I called the following Monday to ask more questions of the patient counselor, she informed me that someone had cancelled for the upcoming Friday. I knew I wanted it so what the heck, less time to worry about the upcoming procedure! I decided on silicone gel, under the muscle, 350cc, and my surgeon routinely does the incision under the breast. Because it was under the muscle, my surgeon suggested 375cc each (which I did) because the muscle tends to compress.

I was the first surgery scheduled that day and I was a nervous wreck. Everyone was supportive and calming. I went in at 6:45 am and was home at 9:30. They took me into the OR awake and got me hooked up to EKG monitors, etc. The anesthesiologist gave me clear warning that he was administering the meds that would put me to sleep, it took about 20 seconds. Next thing I remember I was awakened in the recovery room with alot of pressure on my chest, it was hard to take a full, deep breath. The pain the first day was not so bad. I could move around well, had no nausea or dizziness (once the anesthesia wore off), and felt very well. I didn't even use any of the pain pills. That changed in the middle of the night!

I awakened in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and WOW, there was the pain and stiffness! It took 10 minutes to get out of the bed and "morning boobs" were a real eye opener! Day 2 was rough from start to finish, it was very difficult to get around, the swelling was intense, and the pressure was great. Frozen peas were a real help, 15 min on, 15 off. I did use the pain pills regularly on day 2 and 3. This continues to get better each day. Today is day 4 and I feel very good. There is a minimal amount of swelling, the incisions look good, and the girls look great so far.

I am 48 years old, have 2 children (18 and 20), and am happily married. Prior to the surgery I was a 36A, am 5'4" and weigh 138 lbs. I have always wanted to better fill out bathing suits and clothes was insecure about wearing revealing tops. I was hoping for a full C and it appears to be the case so far (will keep you posted).
I am going back to work tomorrow and am going to try driving today. I am a little sore but it improves greatly each day. So far, I've got no complaints :)

Just wanted to add an update since it has been...

Just wanted to add an update since it has been over a month.
I pretty much feel 100% back to normal and am very happy with the results. I have no pain and the scar is healing nicely. They seem to be getting larger recently, I guess they're just settling in. I am actually wearing a D cup now, which is kind of surprising. When I get my pics, I will post before and after, they look awesome!!
Newport News Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Blanchard answered all of my questions and alleviated my fears. My initial consultation was between surgeries (he kindly worked me in) so we did not spend much time together. Prior to surgery he explained everything in detail and went over what we were doing.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
4 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful