51 Years Old with Big Droopy Eyelids. Hammond, LA

I am 51 and my eyelids starting drooping a couple...

I am 51 and my eyelids starting drooping a couple of years ago, to make things worse one lid droops far worse than the other. The last few years I've had Botox to try to even them up, but it's not working anymore and I want my large bright eyes again! Tomorrow is the big day, all my prescriptions are filled and my husband has instructions to take care of me. This is the first step, my lower face and neck will be next, but I have to gradually work up to it with my husband....he doesn't think I need surgery, but then there's my 10x magnification mirror that tells me I do. I'll post after pictures, wish me luck!

Droopy lids, GONE

Well it's done, my appointment was at 11:30 am the morning, so we had to get up early and drive down, as we just moved to MS. Per my instructions I took one 5mg Valium and one adavin at 10:30 and to bring he remaining prescriptions, a 7 days worth, codiene ana the anti nausea pills. The ititial dose relaxed me but I wasn't completely out, so I was given more Valium one by one till I was out of if and that's the last thing I remember, until waking up. So far so good, at there swollen point they appear to be symtrical and large on bright.....it the actual surgery was just over a hour....ill try to post another picture.

Day after 4/2/16

It's 17 hours after and I feel great, only took one pain pill when I got home and slept like a baby and haven't taken another since. I'm swollen but not anything like I expected....I could actually throw on sunglasses and got out today....I'm really happy so far, the dr was awesome! As was his entire staff.....the office and staff were very inviting, not stuffy or intimidating like some plastic surgurons office where I felt totally out of place....
This may have been, most impactful change in my struggle to retain youth!

28 hours post eye lift!

Icing hourly, taking NO pain melds only prescribed antibiotics and eye ointment. So far so good!

9 Days post eye lift!

I am very pleased although I still have a little bruising and some swelling in my face. Totally my fault with the swelling, we had a family seafood boil at my parents house yesterday and I ate lots of salty stuff and didn't realize how puffy I am today until I took this picture. I still have a little bruising on the side that required the most lifting. This picture was taken after I drove 3 1/12 hours and just arrived back home a few minutes ago.

18 Days post

It's been 18 days and I'm extremely happy with my results. The bruising under my left eye is finally gone as of a day ago. The new picture is no makeup at all. I have used eye liner on my upper lids and mascara with no problem, but find that I don't feel the need to wear it since I'm not trying to make my eyes look more open or to correct the symmetry. The incision lines are pink, no pain and I been gently massaging to flatten them. They are mostly flat already, just a couple of areas that are slightly raised. I am scheduled for a follow up next week, then again at 6 weeks for after pictures. When they removed the stitches we discussed adding some filler to my cheek bones. The fat on my cheekbones has sunk to my lower face giving me a square and jowly look, especially when I smile, that's why I have a face framing haircut to try minimize it as much as I can. I'm leaning towards waiting to have a lower face and neck lift instead of fillers, since best case would last a couple of years, and a lift was what brought me to real self to begin with. I follow many people and love to see the before and afters, it's a wonderful time to deal with aging with so many options that are reasonable that ordinary people can afford. I decided to do my eyes first and am happy I did, I look more refreshed and when the time comes to do the rest of my face, I'll be able to take care of myself. I have a wonderful husband who has taken great care of me, but he thinks I'm fine the way I am and he'd totally freak out if my eyes and face were swollen at the same time, I have to ease him into it, he does love and is surprised with the outcome my eyes. I'll post more pictures in the next weeks and some with makeup and without the dents from my readers on my nose!

25 days post

Getting better!

26 days post- with makeup

6 weeks post

Just to update, I'm still very happy with my outcome. The incision lines are still pink and itchy at times. I also still have a little numbness along my lash line and above the incision on my brow. It is no problem at all and I'm sure is all due to healing and nerve endings reconnecting. I wish I had done this 5 years ago.

Best decision ever!

I'm just over 3 1/2 months post upper Bleph, I am very happy with my results. The incision lines are smoothing out and fading more and more each day. My expectations were exceeded and I'd definitely trust Dr. Weiler with my face and future procedures.
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

I was very impressed with Dr. Weiler and his entire staff at the Hammond location. He explained the procedure and answered all my questions, and even provided his cell number. His staff showed me his before and after book, he does great work. I was especially impressed when I met one of his patients and she shared her before pictures with me and she had the same eye issues I have, baggy loose lids with one much worse then the other and her eyes are beautifully big and symmetrical.