Soon I Will Smile in Front of a Camera Again - Halifax, NS

I'm on my first day of Invisalign, and I already...

I'm on my first day of Invisalign, and I already feel the aligner working. I took it out for lunch today and my teeth felt very strange, so yeah it is totally living up to expectations so far.

I'll have the aligners in for about ten months, so it is going to be a while. From the renderings I saw before the treatment, my teeth are going to look awesome. I'm really looking forward to liking my smile instead of absolutely hating it.

Some foreseen challenges:
- Brushing teeth after each meal -- I know I'll forget my toothbrush sometimes or I might not have enough time.
- Not being able to go out and have drinks (I might sneak the occasional vodka soda though...)

Sharp edges

I take it this is a common occurrence, but my lower aligner has a really sharp edge that scrapes where my mouth flesh meets my gums. There is a sore red indent in a line on my mouth skin and it is pretty uncomfortable.

I am pretty sensitive to this type of thing though. I've never liked having my skin touched, to the point where getting a massage is pretty much unbearable. Sometimes my partner will absent-mindedly rub his thumb on my hand when we hold hands, and I have to pull my hand away compulsively.

I'm going to talk to the dentist about this and see if something can be done. I have no problems with my tongue and the interior edges of the aligners at all, strangely enough.
Dr. Creaser

I've been going to Dr. Creaser since 2007 or 2008 and he really is a great dentist. Young, friendly, and totally capable. Highly recommend.